The Door

Beckett raced into the bedroom, opening the closet frantically to try and find some clothes to wear so she could assist Castle at the door. She had no idea who it could be, but she needed to have something more than a nightgown on to greet whoever was there. She grabbed the first shirt she saw, which happened to be a light green t-shirt.

                “Uh, Kate?”  Called Castle from the front window, when he realized who was knocking. “I think you should be here for this.”

                “Hold on, one minute Castle!” Beckett replied in a rush.

She pulled out a pair of mid-thigh jean shorts along with a bra that was lying on top of her clothes. She rushed into the bathroom, changing as fast as she could and leaving her nightgown on the floor, in the pile she started last night. Her hair was messy, but she didn’t have time to deal with it right now. She took a glance in the mirror before running through the kitchen to reach the front.  Out of breath, she asked Castle, “Who is it?” He hadn’t opened the door yet, because he was waiting for her. It must be someone important. She thought. Castle just looked at her, telling her with her eyes that it was not who he would have expected. They heard the knock once more, this time it was an impatient one.

“Okay, fine.” Castle mumbled under his breath to the knocker as he turned the knob and opened the door. Beckett’s mouth dropped when she saw who it was.

“PI?” She gasped, in shock.  She was incredibly confused. Alexis’s ex-boyfriend, Pi, was standing at the door of their resort house, with a jar of honey in his hand. When Pi noticed who he was looking at, his face was just as surprised as theirs.

“Oh, hi, Detective Beckett.” He uttered, in shock. His eyes drifted to Castle, who was standing there with a somewhat disgusted look on his face. “Hi, Mr. C…” Pi trailed off, tilting his head like he was thinking about why he was there.

“Um, can I help you, Pi??” Asked Castle impatiently, exchanging glances with Beckett, and then looking back at him.

“Oh, yeah,” He answered, getting himself to focus. “I’m supposed to deliver this jar of honey to you.” He held it up for them to see. Noticing their blank stares, he tried to explain. “It’s part of my job here, to deliver honey to all the resorts once a week.” He smiled.

“Um, thank you, Pi,” Beckett said, reaching for the honey. “I guess we just weren’t…” She paused, looking for the right words. “…expecting you, that’s all.” Castle let out a chuckle.

“I uh, I thought you went back to Costa Rica, after you and Alexis broke up?” Castle asked, thinking about his words carefully. He was till in shock that he was seeing his daughter’s ex-boyfriend (whom he didn’t particularly like) standing in front of him and his wife nearly first thing in the morning.

“Oh, I did, for a little bit.” Pi answered, becoming his old self again with a smile. “But thanks to your recommendation letter that you wrote for me a while back, I was transferred here.” He acknowledged. “And I was promoted, too.” He beamed.

“Wow… that’s, quite a coincidence that we happened to run into each other.” Castle forced a smile. He wasn’t that excited to see him there, interrupting his perfect breakfast that he was having with  Kate a few minutes ago. Beckett watched Castle’s face carefully; making sure he wouldn’t let something rude slip out of his mouth. She could tell he was trying fairly hard to be patient with Pi.

“Yeah, that’s pretty funny.” Pi agreed with a nod. There was a pause before he asked, “So, are you two…”

“On our honeymoon, yes.” Beckett answered politely before Castle had a chance.

“I knew it!” He smiled. “I remember you two were so cute…” He trailed off, referring to the time he stayed in Castle’s loft with Alexis and they all saw each other on a daily basis. Castle chuckled under his breath, silently hoping that Pi would just hurry up and leave so he could get back to spending time with Kate.  Beckett could sense his impatience, so when there was a moment of awkward silence she took the opportunity to say,

“Well, Pi…Thank you for the honey.” She smiled and looked at the jar in her hand.

“You’re welcome, Mrs. C!” He grinned. There was another moment of silence before Pi got the hint. “Well, I better be on my way, then. I’ve got lots more honey to deliver!” He said, turning to walk away to the wagon he had in the driveway. It was full of honey jars.

“Bye!” Beckett answered, forcing herself to be enthusiastic. Castle just waved, glad to see him go. He shut the door, and turned to Kate.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” He complained. “Out of all the people that could’ve showed up, it had to be Pi.” He grumbled, irritated.

“Oh, c’mon Castle, it wasn’t that bad.” She admitted. “He was just doing his job.” She stepped forward, rubbing his arm with her free hand to try to calm him down.

“I know, but…” He sighed. “I didn’t think I was ever going to have to see that guy again.”

“Well, after this, you probably won’t.” She concluded. “Now don’t get all upset, m’kay?” She squeezed his shoulder. “You can forget that he was ever here.” She smirked at his grumpy face as she walked to the fridge and placed the jar of honey in the very back of it.

Castle stood there for a moment, thinking about it. “I just can’t believe that he’s still ‘counting bees’, or pardon me, ‘delivering honey’? What kind of job is that?” He rambled, walking into the kitchen where Kate was. “There’s got to be a better job out there.”

Beckett ambled over to him, placing her arms around his shoulders. “Let it go.” She whispered, caressing the back of his neck and looking into his eyes. He sighed and then looked back at her.

‘But-“

“Hmm?” She cut him off.

“I just-“ He tried.

“Just let it go.” She smiled, and continued to gently rub his neck. “Forget this ever happened, okay?” She leaned in to kiss him sweetly, and he accepted her. Castle wrapped his arms around her back, and pulled her gently closer to him, while continuing the long kiss. When they broke, he already felt better.

“Okay.” He smiled. “But only because you asked me to.”

“Okay.” She grinned, and leaned in to kiss him again. This time, more eagerly. He kissed her fiercely back, finally enjoying their Pi-free time. He let his hands rub down her back and stopped when he reached her waist. Beckett pulled away slightly, resting her forehead against his. “Thanks.” She whispered, acknowledging his efforts to put Pi out of his mind. Castle smiled at her comment and enjoyed their moment together. When he was satisfied, he straightened himself slightly, and looked around the kitchen. There were dishes that needed washed and breakfast to clean up.

“I should probably do something about that.” He said, glancing to the counter where the dirty plates were sitting. Beckett followed his gaze and then turned back to him with a mischievous look in her eye.

“Or, we could take care of that later,” She started, “And we could find something more… fun to do with our time, hmm?” She teased with a grin. Castle couldn’t resist her.

“What did you have in mind?” He asked, suddenly forgetting all about the kitchen mess. Beckett let her eyes wander out the window that overlooked the ocean.

“It looks pretty nice outside, don’t you think?” She suggested. “Maybe we can check out the beach.”  She let her hands drop from his neck, and took a hold of his hand that was still lingering on her waist.

“Okay.” He agreed that the beach would be fun.

Beckett squeezed his hand and led him to the bedroom. He followed right behind her.

-----------------------

*Thanks for continuing to read my caskett fanfiction. :) Sorry for the delay on getting this chapter up, It took me longer to write than I expected. Chapter 7 should be up soon, as well. As you can tell by now, I update regularly! COMMENTS are greatly appreciated on this chapter. There was a little twist, let me know what you thought, if possible. Thank you!*