Settling In

As Castle and Beckett reached their bedroom, they set their luggage by the closet and began to unpack. The closet was fairly large, so they decided to split it in half. Castle’s clothes were on the left and hers on the right.

                “I’m glad I packed a lot of light clothes.” Said Beckett as she unpacked her shorts and laid them in the closet.

                “Yeah, that was a good idea.” He chuckled when he held up a long sleeve shirt. “I don’t think I’ll be wearing this anytime soon.” They laughed as they continued to pull things out of their suitcase. Beckett held up a short sleeve shirt, before hanging it.

                “I think short sleeves are the way to go, as long as it’s this hot outside.” He gestured to the shirt she hung, and pulled one of his t-shirts out of his luggage, hanging it as well. There was a pause before Kate answered.

                “Or, there’s always the option of no shirt at all.” She grinned and looked at him out of the corner of her eye as she continued to unpack.

                “I guess that’s always an option.” He smiled at her suggestion and continued unpacking. He hung up some of his nicer, more formal shirts and then pulled out swim trunks and his boxers, and laid them down. He came to the bottom of his suitcase as he set his sandals and tennis shoes down on the floor of the closet. “That didn’t take as long as I thought it would.”

                “I’m almost done,” Beckett added. “Just a few more things.” She pulled out a swimsuit and multiple pairs of underwear, and then set her shoes inside, as Castle did a minute earlier. She hung up a cute sundress and a few formal outfits, and then zipped up her suitcase and set it just outside the closet. She turned to look at him, who was waiting patiently for her to finish. “I’m glad that’s done.” She said, exhaling a breath. She took a look around the room, still surprised at how beautiful it was. Her eyes came across the bathroom door, and a thought came to mind. “Castle, would you mind if I took a quick shower?” She asked. “I’m starting to feel sticky from this heat.” She looked at him, who was only standing a few feet away.

                “No, of course. Go ahead.” He smiled. “I need to change clothes, too.”

                “Okay,  thanks babe.” She leaped forward, kissing him on the cheek and moving to the bathroom. There was a stack of clean white towels on the counter, along with necessary toiletries in the porcelain shower. She started running the water to get it warmed up to her liking and then gently closed the door. She began undressing, starting with her jeans and socks. The cool tile felt nice on her freshly bare feet, and she was already beginning to feel not so hot. She pulled off her shirt and laid it in a pile on the floor, where her other clothes were tossed. She adjusted the water so it was the perfect temperature, and then removed her undergarments. She stepped into the shower and let the water run through her golden-brown hair. It felt so refreshing.

After Beckett had disappeared into the bathroom, Castle took the time he had to change out of his heavy clothing. He relieved himself from his jeans and collared shirt, and then opened the closet that they had just filled. He looked through his clothes for a good, cool (not hot) combination to wear for the night. He found a casual pair of shorts, and was looking for a shirt to wear when he remembered what Kate had said while they were unpacking. He chuckled, and decided to take her advice and leave his chest bare. After all, it was 80 degrees outside, and it was their honeymoon. Castle put on his shorts and then closed the closet again. He glanced around the room, and his eyes drifted to the bathroom door where he could hear the water running peacefully inside. He figured that Beckett was still going to be a little while until she was finished, so he took a seat on the perfectly arranged bed until she was done.

Kate took her time in the shower, being sure to wash the stickiness off of her body and out of her hair with the lovely smelling shampoo and body wash the resort provided. When she felt clean and refreshed, she turned off the water and stepped out onto the soft rug. She grabbed for a towel and dried herself as best as she could. She noticed some lavender body lotion on the counter, and she took the opportunity to apply it to her legs and arms. Her hair was wet, so she took the towel to dab some of the water out. When she was ready, she opened the door and was pleasantly surprised to see Castle lying on the bed, and without a shirt. He immediately looked up at her, happy to see that she looked clean and refreshed in the towel she was wearing.

“Feeling better?” He asked as he watched her make her way to the closet.

“Yes, much better.” She answered with a smile as she opened the closet door. She went through the clothes that she had just unpacked. She found a clean pair of underwear, along with a sweet, dark colored nightgown to wear on top. She turned around and held it up for Castle to see. “How’s this?” She asked, wanting his opinion since he had taken hers.

“It’s great.” He answered, looking the piece of clothing up and down. Beckett smiled at his answer, and turned back around. She was 75% hidden behind the closet door as she let her towel drop. She slid into her underwear, and then pulled the silky nightgown on. She squeezed some of the water out of her still damp hair and then came out of the closet’s shadows. Castle stared at her beauty, and watched as she approached the bed. She crawled in next to him, leaning her head against his arm. She sighed in content and peace. Castle looked down at her, kissing the top of her head. “I love you.” He whispered. Beckett placed her hand on his chest, and looked up at him.

“I love you too,” She smiled and then gently closed her eyes, enjoying the moment without needing to see. “This is perfect.” Rick pulled her closer to him, closing his eyes as well. They stayed in each other’s arms, so comfortable that they soon drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------

*Thanks for reading! Chapter 5 will be coming soon, but it might be a little longer of a break than you're used to. Stay tuned!*