The Arrival

Castle awoke to the sound of the pilot’s voice over the speakers.

“Good evening, passengers. We shall be arriving in the beautiful island of Kauai very shortly. We thank you for boarding, and we hope you had a good ride.” Castle observed his surroundings, soon realizing that he was traveling to his honeymoon, in Kauai, with Kate. His eyes fell upon her peaceful face that was still sleeping. He smiled, just happy to know that she was there next to him. He could feel the plane’s speed was starting to slow. They were getting closer to the island and it wouldn’t be that long until they landed. Castle squeezed Kate’s hand gently, trying to wake her without disrupting her peace. Her eyes slowly flickered open, and she looked at Castle, who was staring at her with a content smile on his face.

“Hey…” She smiled at him, holding his gaze a moment before she glanced around the plane a bit, recovering her thoughts and remembering where she was.

“Hi…” He replied, in love.

“Are we almost there?” Beckett asked, hoping they were close.

“Yeah, we’ll be landing soon.” He answered, while continuing to look at her. She sighed naturally, and looked into his blue eyes.

“What are our plans for tonight?” She questioned, curiously. He thought about it for a moment before answering her.

“I don’t know, really. Once we get back to our place at the resort, I’m sure we’ll find something to do.” He responded. She just smiled at him. Soon, the pilot’s voice came over the speaker again.

“We will now be landing in Kauai. Please be sure your seat belts are on, and prepare for a gradual descent.”

Castle and Beckett were forced to break their gaze and handhold as they sat up and tightened their seatbelts, for safety. They could already begin to feel the plane making its way downward. Beckett couldn’t help reaching for Castle’s hand as the ride got a little bit rougher by the second. He gladly took it, wanting to comfort her as much as he could. The landing itself was smooth, and you could almost feel the joy that spread throughout the plane and its passengers. They were all happy that they had finally arrived at the beautiful Hawaiian island, Kauai.

“We have now landed safely in Kauai. Again, we thank you for boarding. We hope you had a comfortable ride.” Echoed the pilot’s voice over the speaker, once again. Castle and Beckett were both excited to have arrived at their honeymoon destination. They smiled widely at each other when Castle grabbed their luggage from the rack above, and they exited the plane into the airport. It wasn’t until they got outside when they realized how warm it was there. They were wearing their heavy New York coats, when it was nearly 80 degrees (F) outdoors.

“Wow, it’s definitely warm here!” Beckett exclaimed, setting her luggage down in the parking lot to take off her coat. Castle did the same.

“Yeah, but it for sure beats Finland!” He chuckled, thinking about the other area they looked into honeymooning. He laid his coat in his arm as he walked with Beckett to the car they had waiting for them. He was now in only his dark button-down shirt, and jeans which were getting increasingly hot by the second.

“What do you say we get back to the resort and change out of these clothes, before we melt?” Laughed Beckett, also getting hot in her white t-shirt and jeans.

“I say that’s a great idea.” Castle answered, putting their suitcases in the trunk and then getting into the driver’s seat. Beckett took a seat in the passenger’s side next to him. The first thing she did once Castle had started the car was turn on the air conditioning.

“Are you sure you know the way to the resort?” Beckett asked. She usually was always the one driving, so trusting Castle’s directional skills was not something she was used to.

“Don’t worry, I studied the maps prior to this.” He looked at her with a slight smile. “We’ll be fine.” Beckett smiled back at him and watched the road as they pulled out.

“How far away is it from here?” She asked.

“Only about 10 minutes.”

“I’m excited to see what it looks like in person.” She said eagerly.

“Me too.” He smiled as he kept his eyes on the road, driving carefully in this new place. A yawn escaped his lips, on accident. Beckett noticed, and wondered how much sleep he got on the plane.

“Are you still tired?” She asked.

“Only a little.” He answered, glancing at her from the corner of his eye. “You?”

“I’m okay, but I’m definitely looking forward to bed tonight.” She grinned. Castle couldn’t help smiling. He continued driving, occasionally stopping to check the map to make sure they were heading the right direction. Beckett was very observant of her surroundings during the drive. Being a cop, she was always naturally alert. There was no way she could have missed the huge palace of a place that was coming up in front of them.

“Castle, is that where we’re staying?” She was surprised. The photos online didn’t look nearly this nice. Rick looked at the sign in front that was lit up with a glowing light.

“Hikialani Resort,” He read. “Looking at Heaven.” He smiled at her as he pulled in to the resort’s gates where they were lucky enough to stay. “Here we are.” 

------------------------

*Thanks for reading chapter two! I hope you're liking it so far. Chapter 3 will  be up as soon as I have time to finish writing it.* :)