Exploring

Beckett’s eyes widened as she studied what looked like heaven around her. It was nighttime, but the whole resort was lit up with romantic lights. There were Hawaiian flowers everywhere, along with palm trees. She saw a small, but beautiful house that was resting just along the crest of the sandy beach, and beautiful décor everywhere she looked. There was everything she could have imagined for her honeymoon.

“Now I see where they got the name.” She had a huge smile on her face. “Castle, I love it!” She ran her fingers down his arm and squeezed his hand. He had to admit that it did look a lot better than what the pictures showed.

Castle took Kate’s hand. “May I escort you inside?” He smiled. Beckett couldn’t keep the grin off her face as Castle led her out of the car and walked with her to the house. When they reached the door, he fumbled for the key in his pocket. He found it, and turned the lock, but didn’t open the door yet.  “You ready for this?” He asked her, still smiling.

“Of cours-“ She was cut off when Castle squeezed her hand and swooped her up into his arms. She laughed as Castle nudged the door open and spun her around, kissing her forehead as he let her down again. They both took time to observe the beautiful house that was dimly lit. They were standing in the entrance, and they could see there were many more rooms to this house. “This place is incredible…” Beckett proclaimed as she took in the beauty of it all. She squeezed Rick’s hand and tugged him along eagerly, wanting to explore the rest. They reached the kitchen, which was complete with stainless steel appliances and a beautiful countertop. Her eyes wandered around the room, observing the unique splashes of color and flowers that were in all the perfect places. She continued pulling him along through the ‘living’ room, which was just as nice as the kitchen. Castle smiled as Kate’s grin kept getting wider and wider as they continued exploring.

When they reached the bedroom, Beckett’s mouth dropped. Castle just stared in awe as he looked around the room. There were candles lit everywhere, making the area romantic and sweet. The light carpet created shadows with the dim candlelight that seemed to bring the room together. There were plants around, along with a beautiful, big bed in the center of the room. There was also a closet and a bathroom attached, which carried the same theme as the rest of the house. Castle and Beckett were in shock as things kept getting better and better. Kate walked slowly around the room, almost in disbelief as she reached the two sliding doors.  She opened one, and looked out. “Castle…” She started. “Come look at this.” He came up behind her, placing his hands around her waist as he looked outside. Sitting peacefully in the center of all the candles was a crystal blue pool, and overlooking that was the peaceful ocean. They could hear the soft waves going in…and out.

“Wow.” He muttered, taking in the beauty that surrounded them. Beckett laid her hands over his that were on her waist.

“I love it so much, Rick.” She whispered, mesmerized by the candlelight shimmering against the pool’s water.

“Me too.” He answered, leaning his head onto hers. They stayed like that for a few moments, both of them happy to be where they were. Then, Castle remembered. “Oh, I forgot.” He said, tensing a bit. “We still have all of our luggage in the car.”

                “Oh, that’s right.” She noted. “We should probably get our suitcases, and unpack a little.” She said, slowly moving her hands off of his. She took one more look at the pool before turning to him.

“I agree.” He nodded, stepping away from her slightly, even though he didn’t want to lose their contact. Beckett followed him out of bedroom and through the kitchen, reaching the front door. The wave of heat surprised them as they stepped outside again, since they weren’t used to such warm weather yet. “Wow, it really is hot, isn’t it?” He said.

“Yeah, I can’t wait to change out of these jeans.” Replied Beckett as she opened the trunk. She grabbed Castle’s luggage and set it on the ground for him before she took a hold of hers.

“Thanks.” He said, taking it from her. He waited for her to get her suitcases and close the trunk before walking back with her to the house.

“I’m already in love with this place,” Beckett confessed. “I can’t believe we have a whole week here.”

“It is pretty nice, I have to say.”  Added Castle. “It’ll be a nice break from work.” He glanced at her with a smile. “And writing.”

“Yeah, for sure.” She agreed as they reached the door. “And the best part is, I have the whole week to spend with you.” She blushed, looking at him as they stepped inside the cool house. Castle left his luggage to step over to her, with a smile. He placed his arms around her back, and pulled her close.

“The best part is,” He said quietly, “Is that we have the whole week with each other. And, we have this whole place,” He gestured to the house they were in. “..to ourselves.” He grinned as he leaned in to kiss her.

“Mmm.” A quiet moan escaped her lips as she relaxed into his kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. She pulled away for a slight second, only to whisper, “You’re right.” She leaned into him again, kissing him sweetly.

“I love you, Kate.” He sighed.

“I love you too,” She rested her forehead against his. “Now how about we get out of these hot jeans.” She chuckled.

“Good idea.” He smiled, taking her hand and their luggage back with them to the bedroom. 

-----------------

*Thanks for continuing to read this story! I hope you enjoyed chapter 3. It left you at a cliffhanger, (sorry!) but hopefully you stay tuned for the next part. :)*