Bloodline (Pt 2)

Nya: Jay~ I'm hungry!
Jay: You ate already!

Nya: Jay~ I'm hungry!Jay: You ate already!

(Art created with picrew.me avatar maker.)

A/N: This is part 2 of the vampire AU fic. Make sure you read part 1 first!

oOo

When Jay woke up, he felt like he had been on the worst bender of his life, followed up by being run over by a train.   As his vision came into focus, he realized he was in a foreign room.  The smell was oddly mechanical yet sterile, overlapped by a gentle hum of distant electronics.  After the room stopped spinning, he finally realized he was on an amazingly soft bed. It felt like a cloud of warm contentment.

He moved to sit up, finding that he was tethered at the wrist.  Except, it wasn't a restraint, but an IV dripping slowly into his veins.  "That's cute," he mumbled sarcastically, surprised at the hoarseness of his voice as he investigated to see how quickly he could pull out the needle and leave whatever this place was.

His movements were slow and sluggish, his muscles screaming at him in a dull ache, every breath feeling like a sprint up the steps of the Monastery of Spinjitzu. Pulling off the tape around the needle proved harder than expected as his fingers fumbled around, out of sync with his brain.

"I hope you're not thinking of ripping that off. That was hard to get in," said a feminine voice, airy and light. Jay froze, recognizing voice but his mind was still fuzzy.  He turned, wincing at the wave of nausea that rolled over him as he came face to face with the owner of the voice.  Her hand came up to the middle of his chest and gently pushed him back down.

"My mind is a little foggy, you're going to have to remind me how I got here, and where exactly here is," he said, a wry smile stealing across his face.

She swallowed thickly, momentary distracted by his lips.  "What is the last thing you remember?"

"Worst mission of my life, being tired, hungry, and cranky, then racing to our rendezvous point to see you, knowing I was days late . . . then," he trailed, struggling to remember anything after that.

"I um," she looked down, ashamed, then forced herself to look him in the eyes, "I kind of lost my cool because I was so hungry and almost, um, killed you?" her voice rose an octave at the last few words.  Jay titled his head to the side in silent question, then cupped her cheek in the palm of his hand.  She leaned into his touch.

"But you didn't," he countered, watching as she closed her eyes and sucked in a stuttered breath.  "Did you bring me back to your den so you could finish me off?" 

Her eyes shot back open, glassy and dark, and she was greeted by his signature cavalier smile.  Cutting the tension with a dumb joke was his M.O. and she couldn't stop the small giggle that bubbled out of her chest.