Zenith Prime

A/N: Thank you for over 100 followers! This is my 100 follower special - a space pirates / space marines AU.  I might expand on this universe at a later time, but for now I will leave it as a one-shot. 

Also big thank you for all of your votes, comments and adding this story to your reading lists.  This book finally took the #1 spot in the jaya tag (for like a day, still counts)! 

Check out my Flumptober book, it has turned into mostly jaya stories (I can't help myself).  That book has been sitting #1 challenge for the whole month, right up there with a bunch of romance novels that have millions of reads and hundreds of thousands of votes. I'm like "Welcome to #challenge, may I interest you in some derpy Ninjago fanfiction." 😭😂

oOo

It was always silent in the engine room of the Destiny's Bounty. Eerily silent. Nya had to constantly look up at the monitors to ensure the engines were still running. It was counterintuitive to what she was used to on her own ship, or the countless others she would ferry a ride on to get around the galaxy. This ship was different though, the hyperdrive and warp capacitors were like nothing she had ever seen. It was if the ship ran on magic. She wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, considering how she got on the Destiny's Bounty in the first place and the adventures that followed.

Speaking of which, the captain, Jay, had been unusually quiet since they returned from their mission on Antares 4. She didn't have to guess why, the mission had been a colossal failure. Nya decided to avoid the rest of the team and decompress in the engine room, but now the silence was deafening. She had grown accustomed to Jay's endless chatter. Perhaps a stroll around the ship would ease her mind.

As she walked through the corridors, her faithful robotic companion, Samurai X, trotted up beside her.

"Mistress Nya," the pixie voice of the doll-sized robot started, "Have you finished your repairs to the hyperdrive consoles?"

"Nnnnn," Nya hummed, absentmindedly staring at the elevator at the end of the corridor.

"Thinking of the Captain?"

Nya snapped her head towards her robotic friend, heat rushing up the sides of her face.

"N- No. I was thinking about what happened on Antares 4. Don't you have things to repair in the hanger bay?"

"Repairs and modifications to our Opheunus ship are complete. P.I.X.A.L. provided much assistance."

"Even the inertial dampeners?"

"Yes."

"Can you cross reference the Destiny's Bounty logs with the logs we recovered from the Chalara ship on Anteres 4? There might be a lead in there."

"As you wish, mistress." The robot bounded away, the beaded charms dangling from her samurai swords clinking with each step.

Nya found herself at the elevator, unsure where she wanted to go next. Up would take her to the bridge, but there was nothing for her to do there unless she wanted to help P.I.X.A.L. and get lambasted in the process. P.I.X.A.L. was an amazing AI with a sassy attitude to match, created by Better Organism Robust Galactic (BORG) Industries. She was only 4 years old, three more until rampancy - a chaotic, unfortunate death for most AI. Down would take her to the lower levels and hanger bay. She finally picked a random level and continued on her stroll.

The walk did nothing to ease her mind. After a half-an-hour mindlessly pacing the ship, Nya found Jay on the observation deck. Every time she stepped foot on the deck, she couldn't help but have her breath taken away. Most of the room was floor to ceiling windows, providing a spectacular view of the stars. Jay was lounging in one of the smaller observation bay windows located on the port side. The window was a full circle with a padded alcove, allowing one to two people to sit comfortably.