Electromagnetic Spectrum

It was a rare occurrence. An opportunity too good to pass up. The entire Destiny's Bounty all to herself. Well, except for PIXAL in the main computer, but her body was with the rest of the team running errands and collecting supplies in the city. Nya was tasked with running diagnostics and performing maintenance, action items she had finished early and now had the luxury of some free time.

What to do, what to do.

Nya walked onto the deck and took a deep breath. The fresh spring air filled her lungs with the sweet essence of cherry blossoms, while the sun enveloped her in a warm hug and kissed her skin. It was a beautiful day, and she was almost sad she had to spend it by herself.

Almost.

A beautiful day like this demanded only one thing, and Nya would oblige. There was a slight skip in her step as she hurried to her bunk, eager to change.

oOo

She must have dozed off, because the next thing she knew she was dragged out of ultimate relaxation and alerted to the presence of another. That and there was a small trail of drool dangling from her mouth. Gross. And super unladylike. But mostly gross.

She discreetly wiped the drool while reaching for her phone to check the time. Phew. The 15 minute interval alarm had not got off which meant she hadn't burned yet. No messages from the others either. Nya sighed. She was going to have to identify this unknown person herself. Whoever they were, they were not doing a good job of hiding their presence, thus rudely interrupting her private sunbathing time.

Such a beautiful day gone to waste.

What a bummer. She was even sporting her new swimsuit, something extremely girly, by her standards. A daring two piece in a beautiful blue to teal ombre, adorned with way too many sequins. She was looking forward to showing off to Jay on their next day to the beach. Look at my new swimsuit, it's my favorite color, your color.

Nya propped up on her elbows and slid her feet back and forth. She pretended to scroll through her phone while using the touch screen as a mirror to investigate behind her and the sails and crows nest above, finding nothing. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath to hold impossibly still. She couldn't smell or hear anything. This mystery assailant was doing a good job of staying hidden, but making sure she knew they were there.

Fine. She was going to have to lure them out.

Throwing her phone to the side, she flattened her body face down on the towel and stretched her arms in front of her head. Then she slowly pulled her knees to her stomach and arched her back, like a cat getting up from a nap, letting out a soft moan for good measure.

The alarm went off, reminding her 15 minutes were up and it was a good idea to roll over to avoid getting burned. She lazily rolled over onto her back and laid flat, arms straight over her head. She arched her back again in a lovely stretch, letting out a longer, softer moan. She relaxed her body and waited.

Still nothing.

Well this was going to get awkward. Person X was obviously ogling her but not taking the bait.

A cool breeze blew across the deck of the Bounty and Nya shivered slightly. The air met the thin layer of sweat on her sun kissed skin and small goose bumps started to rise. The tiny hairs on her body started to stand on end, as if there were a change in potential energy. The gentle breeze and sun were starting to lull her back to sleep, and quite honestly she was growing tired of this game.

She was almost asleep when she felt a shadow creep over her face.

Finally.

"You're blocking my light," she informed them.