Drabbles

A/N: Collection of shorts and drabbles that I have posted everywhere but here.

oOo

Just friends was never an option for them.

There is a bond between them that transcends time, that transcends space. It defies the laws of physics. It defies the laws of magic.

It is a rare occurrence, one that should not be taken lightly. Wu and Garmadon can both see it.

Wu calls it the red string of fate.

Jay and Nya were doomed the moment they laid eyes on each other.

oOo

I never wanted to be a part of your boys club anyway. That was a lie.  A lie to comfort herself as she passed onto the departed realm, because facing the truth that she is afraid of being left behind was infinitely more scary dying in the love of her life's arms.

oOo

His laughter is sharp and bright, cutting through the dimness of the living room like a bolt of lightning on a stormy night.  He stretches and yawns, casually wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulls her into a warm embrace.  He laughs again, gusty and jubilant, the vibrations from his chest josseling her about.  She is not sure how one person can be so happy all the time. 

She's the one who picked the movie, but she has stopped paying attention since long ago. A romantic comedy, and Jay is eating it up.  He reacts at the appropriate cues, trained on a lifetime of standard programming. Basic. Normal. *Reliable.*

He rests his head gently on hers. Nya tries not to purr. Instead, she grabs for the blanket, pulling it up to her chin and making herself small.

Nya hasn't felt this safe since she was a little girl, sitting in her father's lap and playing with the tiny hairs of his beard. 

The scene changes and the main characters finally confess to one another. Jay makes a funny sound, as if he is suppressing a squeal.  Nya finally lets herself giggle.

Her chest feels tight and her throat is dry.  Her heart doesn't flutter. Her heart doesn't skip a beat. It remains strong and steady, pulse loud in her ears. Or maybe that is his. Her ear is squished flush against his side and it is hard to tell the difference.

This isn't love, she tells herself.  Her grip on the blanket loosens as she keeps her eyes on the movie.  Jay's embrace remains warm.

Nya hasn't believed in love since she was three years old.  

oOo

It's a familiar dance.

Her rage boils over. He gives her a quirked eyebrow. She has choice words.  He takes some steps back.  She finds an unfortunate object. He watches her obliterate it.  She pretends it doesn't hurt as drops of blood slide down her fingers and splatter on the ground.  He pretends he is not annoyed when he patches her up.

oOo

Nya licked her lips slowly, eyeing her opponent.  She raised her guard, tightening her grip on her sai.

"Don't hold back, Sparky," she cooed, challenging him to make the first move.  A sly grin greeted her, cutting through the tension between them.

"Now why would you think that?"

"Because I've caught you doing it before."

Jay scoffed, visibly offended by her words.  "I would never do something so stupid as to anger you, my Water Lily," he sassed.