Green Isn't Your Color

A/N: Mmmm yes season 4-5 jaya.

Okay, so maybe flirting with the librarian for intel was a bad idea, but how was he supposed to know she was a huge Blue Ninja fan? He could have easily evaded when she grabbed the collar of his gi and pulled him down for a kiss, but he was so gobsmacked from the action that he didn't even budge. As far as first kisses went, he was sure he left a bad impression with his mouth gaping like a fish out of water, but the fangirl didn't seem to care.

His cheeks were still flushed as he and Nya poked around the bookcases, looking for the ancient tome.

"Was it nice?" Nya asked tersely as she flipped through the books.

"Huh?" Jay asked, half hearing her from the other side of the room they were combing through.

"Never mind," she huffed, snapping a book shut and shoving it back on the shelf.  Her searching continued, more aggressive than necessary.

Jay frowned, wondering what had triggered her.

"O . . . K.  If searching for books is bothering you, you can meet up with the others and I will find it."

He watched as her shoulders tensed and her back went stiff. Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say.

She whipped around, anger flashing through her eyes. "Sounds good, maybe you can flirt with the librarian more and she will find the book for you!"

Jay's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

Hold up.

Time out.

Was Nya . . . jealous?

He couldn't help the sly grin that tugged at the corners of his lips and watched with increasing delight as panic flooded in Nya's eyes.

"You're jealous," he stated flatly.

"No! I-," she spluttered, crossing and uncrossing her arms nervously.

Jay wasn't one for unsolicited affection, but it seemed like the librarian did him a solid. 

"You are totally jealous," he echoed, unaware that he had crossed the room until his pauldron collided into the shelves next to her. She looked furious, but the light dusting of blush on her cheeks betrayed her.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Obviously the librarian likes you and would totally help you find the book."

"Uh huh."

Nya bit her lip. It was insanely cute.

"You asked if it was nice," Jay reminded her and watched as her cheeks went from pink to red.

"Excuse me for trying to make conversation," she hissed, crossing her arms once more and mirroring his cocky stance of leaning against the bookcase.

Jay's grin flashed brightly. "You are totally jealous."

"For the last time I am not jealous!" Her voice rose in volume. They both flinched at the shushes from across the room.  Library patrons studying at the tables from down the long hallway shot them a dirty look.  "I'm not!" She whisper-shouted. Jay wasn't sure if she was trying to convince him or herself.

"Hmmm, was it nice?" Jay tilted his head to the side, feigning consideration, as if recalling the incident. He didn't miss the way Nya pursed her lips and clenched her fists.

"It caught me off guard, but as far as first kisses go, it was nice."

"Oh. You are able to compare first kisses?" There was a slight disappointment in her voice that Jay almost didn't pick up on, but his ego completely ignored.