Roses

A/N: Totally inspired by the jaya Happy Valentine's Day gif :)

Sweat glistened on her sun kissed skin.  Nya inhaled in deep, ragged breaths, pulling her guard up, readying herself for another attack.  The training droids stood no chance.

Energy exploded from her muscles as she charged forward, moving with ruthless liquid grace.  One by one they fell to the deck of the Bounty, mangled beyond recognition, crackling in a pitiful death of sparks.

Nya: 7, Training Droids: 0

Nya paused in her stance, looking over her shoulder to admire her handiwork.  Robot limbs littered the deck.  Those fortunate enough to remain whole laid scattered in her wake.  It was a mess.  It was beautiful.  Nya smiled. 

Yes, she created a lot of work to clean the deck and repair the droids, but Jay would help her.  She couldn't wait to spend time with him in the garage, working together.

Nya returned her attention forward only to stop in her tracks.  In front of her was a single red rose.  She darted her eyes around, searching for the assailant who left her the lovely present, but found no one.  As she bent over to pick it up, she noticed another one a few feet away. 

The flower was beautiful and smelled even better.  Nya couldn't help the genuine smile that bloomed across her face.  She walked forward and collected the second one, then started her search around the deck for her secret admirer.  Whoever they were, and she had a good idea of who it was, they were doing an exceptionally good job of not being detected.

Her eyes darted around, finding no one in the crow's nest or hiding in the sails.  Sneaky ninja.  But up on the mast, she spied another red rose tied to the pole.  Nya quickly bounded up and removed the third flower.  From her new vantage point, she saw several roses around the deck.  An excited squeal escaped her lungs as a light blush dusted her cheeks.  Her secret admirer was going all out with this game.

She finally came to a stop back on the deck with all the roses collected.  Twelve in all.  She smiled again at the bouquet as she inhaled the lovely scent.  Now to find the person who sent her on the scavenger hunt.

A gentle breeze tousled her hair as she looked around.  The deck was eerily silent.  Was this now a game of hide and seek?

She was about to continue her search below deck when she felt a presence behind her.  Intense, chaotic, alluring. Attributes of her favorite person. 

"How did you hide the roses without me detecting you?" she asked the person behind her.

"Well," they started, and she could hear light footsteps as they walked towards her, "considering I am a trained ninja, that shouldn't be too hard to figure out."

Nya brought the roses up to her nose and turned around.  Her eyes, speculative and bright, peered at him through the flowers.  Jay's face was cut in half with a sly grin, enjoying the cuteness of Nya hiding behind the bouquet. 

"Happy Valentine's Day," he murmured.

Nay dropped the flowers so he could she her smile and blush dusted cheeks.  "Happy Valentine's Day," she replied.