Hold On

⚠️WARNING⚠️ SPOILERS FOR THE ISLAND⚠️

A/N: This is my prediction for what will happen at the end of the upcoming The Island special (that should be airing in about a week).  Will I be right or totally off?  Can't wait to see it and then scream about jaya.

oOo

It takes all four of them to hold her back.

Her screams are the worst sound Kai has ever heard.  It pierces his ears. It rattles his bones.  It jars him to his core. 

He wants to help her. He wants to make the pain go away.  He wants to solve the problem and make everything better.  He can't. 

The feeling of helplessness crushes his soul. 

She wobbles, then falls to her knees.  The ninja finally let go of her arms and they flop forward, boneless, catching the tears that are rolling down her face.

It's rare for Nya to cry. 

The sounds of her sobs are slowly drowned out by the waves lapping against Zane's iceberg.  How cruel.  Her own element is the one that takes her other half. 

Kai's vision is starting to blur.  His body feels light.  Everything feels numb.  He assumes the others are feeling the same way.  No one says anything.  What could they possibly say to make the situation better?

Kai doesn't realize he is clutching his fist so hard until it finally starts to hurt.  He looks down, as if the act can will his fist open, and sees Jay's headband in his grip.  They searched underwater for so long.  It was the only thing they found.

Nya's sobs have stopped, replaced by the occasional hiccup or whimper.  Her eyes are puffy and bloodshot, staring vacantly at the horizon. Purple lightning strikes behind them, followed by a thunderous boom.  Insult to injury.  Kai wants to burn the whole island to the ground.  Nya doesn't even flinch at the sound.

He finally moves, handing the headband to Nya, and she pulls it tight against her chest.

She screams again. This time, the ocean splits in two.

. . .つづく