Start a Storm

I've been laying at the bottom of the swimming pool, for a while now, drowning my thoughts out. My view of the world is distorted. Snippets of the party reach me through rippling waters, neon lights swirling, refracted from the water's edge. The undulating bass from the dance music is the only sound that penetrates through my underwater fortress of solitude, matching the rapid beating of my heart.

Why am I even here?

This isn't my scene. I don't belong with this crowd. Pretentious, noses stuck up, leveling me with haughty looks and obvious whispers. Their fight for status is on full display, the entire night feeling like a dick measuring contest.

I didn't even want to come.

My makeup is plain. My dress is plain. I stick out like a sore thumb. Let's crash the rich people party they said, it will be fun they said. I let my brother and friends goad me into coming.

The DJ changes the song to a slow jam, the base barely reaching me anymore, and I am left alone with my thoughts. Thoughts that never stop, that never go away, that I want to ignore. They gnaw at the base of my subconscious, knotting in my guts, clawing under my skin. Water is the only thing that soothes me, tempers my fire within. I am completely surrounded by it, suppressed by the calming coolness and gentle bubbles floating to the surface, yet I still can't get him out of my mind.

I didn't even want to come.

Ha! That is a lie. A lie I tell myself because I'd rather not admit he has completely and thoroughly invaded my brain. All thoughts lead back to him, and it is starting to affect my ability to function. Not even chlorine stinging my eyes can get him out of my head.

I came here to start a storm.

His mansion is huge, full of too many rooms and excessive hallways. I cornered him in one, wide and dark that led to who knows where, pulling him away from the crowd and the din of the party. I played coy, pretending to be a caught mouse. I think he saw right through my act. In the end, I'm not sure who was hunting who.

I tried not to let him see the smile that threatened to bloom across my face as he set down his drink, the soft clink of crystal on marble resonating in my ears, stirring the anticipation in the pit of my stomach. He was in my personal space before I could blink, backing me against the wall and breathing down my neck. Bright blue eyes sized me up, framed by perfect brows and soft brown hair. Slightly fluffy with a gentle wave, and I couldn't help but think how nice his hair would feel between my fingers while we would tangle in the sheets.

I claimed him with a kiss.

His reaction was sharp and swift, hands gripping my hips with possessive need, every cell in my body coming to full attention like I had just been struck by lightning. I melded into him, languishing in the energetic hum that buzzed beneath his skin, opening my mouth to accept his tongue that pricked like a livewire.

I almost forgot how to breathe.

He finally pulled away, eyelids half mast and gaze vacant as if he were struggling to focus. The intensity in the room didn't fade away, like I could feel the electricity in the air, a tingling surge welling up my spine, running rampant with the pulse pounding in my ears. Then the dim lights flickered, in perfect rhythm with his ragged breaths.

How is that possible? Maybe the same way it is possible that I've been underwater for over ten minutes and I am still alive. I'm surprised no one has checked on me yet, then again, no one seemed to care when I slipped off my heels, unzipped my dress then casually walked in.

The storm is growing, a tempest in the distance that I can feel in my bones. Not even the swimming pool can protect me from the raging winds and torrential downpour that is twirling in my core.

Jay Gordon, you are a pompous ass with your perfect hair, piercing eyes, electric smile, and arrogant attitude. I hate you. I love you.

A/N: Where is my canon-divergent Ninjago AU jaya fic where everything is the same except Jay was never given up for adoption and was instead raised by his bio parents?  Where is that fic hiding?