Chapter 8

The days following the big fight between Landon and I things around the apartment were tense. Landon and I have brother and sister since the day I was born. That means we have had 18 years to perfect our post-fight system.

It's simple.

1. The fight.

2. The silent treatment.

3. Passive-aggressive talking through people.

4. The second fight.

5. The cool-down period.

6. The makeup.

Simple.

We were currently giving each other the silent treatment, which made the apartment dead silent and uncomfortable to be in.

That was why thrilled when Josie invited me to a party. It was her sorority sister, Bridget's 22nd birthday, and apparently, when she heard that I was fighting with my brother, she asked Josie to invite me.

I'm just glad that I get the night away from Landon. When I asked Josie what I should wear she told me that Bridget said and I quote 'Casual, but sexy, and remember I'm into boobs.'

I figured, I'd let Beth showcase the girls, while I just went for a cute yellow two-piece outfit and some matching flats.

Beth wore plain black pants and what was essentially a pushup bra turned shirt. Something only she could pull off.

"You should always wear your hair like that

"You should always wear your hair like that. Your natural curls are gorgeous." I told my best friend as we linked arms and hopped into our Uber.

We were ready to party.

Twenty minutes later, we pulled up outside of a fairly large house. Apparently, it's Bridget's sister-in-law's parents' vacation house. I have no idea why this is the place she chose to throw her 22nd birthday party but to each their own.

We paid the uber and made our way into the party. The place was packed. I doubt all these people are here specifically for Bridget's birthday, this is college and people like to party.