Chapter 18

I asked Hayden Young, my former nemesis, on a date and then I told him he had to plan it. Then we had to wait a couple of weeks for his nose to heal. So, I patiently waited three weeks and now that the day is here, I'm freaking out.

Hayden refuses to tell me what we are doing and I know I made him plan it, but that didn't mean I wanted it to be a surprise. He won't even tell me how to dress.

I asked him what I should wear and his response was "Wear something you'd wear during fall." That wouldn't infuriate me so much if it wasn't currently fall.

So, I've been standing in front of my closet for the last twenty minutes trying to decide what to wear. I already did some light makeup and gave my hair some loose curls, so if I could decide what to wear, I'd be ready, but I can't.

"Need help?" Beth said from the door.

"Yes, desperately. How am I supposed to pick an outfit, when I don't have any clue what we are doing?" She pushed me aside and picked something in less than a minute.

"Wear this." I looked down and saw a white wrap-around sweater and a pair of light wash skinny jeans. I have to admit, it's cute.

"I like it, but what if it's completely wrong for everything?" She rolled her eyes.

"It's not. I told Hayden that you were going to stand here unable to decide forever, without guidance. So, he told me what you are doing and this is perfect. I nodded suspiciously.

"Alright, I trust you, now get out so I can get dressed."

"Alright, just remember to have fun and enjoy things. This is your first date. It's supposed to be fun and pressure-free." She exited the room and I got dressed, adding some black booties to go with what she picked.

Once I was dressed, I looked myself over in the mirror and smiled

Once I was dressed, I looked myself over in the mirror and smiled. I grabbed my purse and found Hayden in the living room waiting.

"Ready?" He asked standing up.

"Yeah, let's go." He grabbed my hand and lead me out of the apartment, "So, where to?" I asked once he put the car in reverse.

"Nope." I rolled my eyes and sat back. I guess I'll just have to wait.

++++++++++++

Normally long car rides irritate me, but sitting in the car with Hayden for over an hour was actually kind of fun. We listened to the radio on full blast and sung at the top of our lungs. It reminded me of what it was like before we slept together. Only better.

I was his best friend's annoying little sister, but I was also his friend. When I was fighting with Beth or Landon, he would take me for ice cream or lend his shoulder for my tears. He was always kind of obnoxious and got on my nerves, but he was there for me.

I was deep in thought when we pulled into the driveway cute house. It looked like the kind of place a nice couple lived with their 2.5 kids. It didn't look like a first date venue.