Chapter 36

"You know a lot of stuff went down in this apartment," I said looking around at the place I called home for a year. It's weird to see it so empty.

"Is that the last box?" Hayden asked grabbing a box of my shoes.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss this place." He just laughed.

"I know, but this is the start of a whole new chapter for us. All of us. It's time to let someone else make memories in this place." I did a slow spin, taking things in.

"You know, we fell in love in this apartment, had a horrible Thanksgiving, got snowed in, and formed a tight-knit group of people."

"There was also a baby made under this roof." I scrunched my nose.

"This place saw a lot of action." I laughed.

"Yeah, hopefully, our new place will too." I looked away and blushed.

"You know, I think it will." His eyes widened, clearly not expecting me to say that.

"Really?" He seemed hopeful.

"Yeah, I'm ready Hayden."

"You are?" He sounding skeptical.

"Yeah, I love you and I want to be with you in every way. I wanted to make sure that we were 100% before we took this step. I didn't want it to happen too soon and ruin things between us and now, I'm certain." I looked up at him and just smiled.

Who would have thought Hayden Young would turn out to be the love of my life.

++++++++++++

"You know, I'm really glad Landon and I have everything ready for the baby, I just wish she'd get out already." I snorted.

"Bethany, she'll get here when she's ready," Landon said as he began rubbing his extremely pregnant girlfriend's shoulders.

"Shut up. You aren't 40 weeks pregnant. Today is my due date, Landon. She's been cooking long enough, but the doctor said I'm not even close to having her."

"Aren't you getting induced soon?" I asked butting into the conversation.

"Yeah in a week."

"Well, at least you know you'll only be pregnant for at most a week." I tried to point out the bright side.

"Not, the point. Go home. Hayden's probably lost without you." I quickly stood up, Beth's not going to be in a good mood until she has the baby. I took one last look around their cute two-bedroom apartment and went home.

 I took one last look around their cute two-bedroom apartment and went home

++++++++++++

I have to say, living without my brother and best friend is kind of nice. Living with them was great and all, but I always felt like I had to be careful about how I acted around Hayden when Landon was nearby.

Today is the first time I've been alone since we moved in and it's kind of weird. Not that I don't like some alone time, but it never really happened in the other apartment. Someone was almost always there. Whether it was any of my three roommates or one or more of my other friends.