Chapter 1

The choices we make define us.

Some people might disagree, but trust me I'm right.

Every mistake we make affects the way we look at ourselves.

Some choices are more defining than others.

Some mistakes are so big that we spend the rest of our lives feeling nothing but regret and self-loathing.

My defining choice came on my 15th birthday.

But, before we get into what defines me, you should probably know the basics.

My name is Kalista Miller, but most people call me Kallie. Some people call me Little Miller thanks to my older brother Landon. He's amazing, the kind of guy you'd want your daughter to date.

Which is why I was ecstatic when he got together with my best friend Beth Hutchinson. My best friend and my brother are perfect together and have been going strong for three years.

Now, as great as my brother is, he does have one fatal flaw.

Hayden Young, his best friend, the bane of my existence, and the guy who took my virginity when I was 15.

Yes, that's the defining choice I made. I had sex with the single most obnoxious, arrogant person on the planet. Since then, I've done everything in my power to avoid him like the goddamn plague.

++++++++

Three years ago

I sat on my bed with tears in my eyes, "I hate him, so much."

"I know, but the night doesn't have to be over." Beth gave me a smile that I knew was supposed to be comforting, but it just wasn't.

"How can it possibly not be over. I invited 16 people over and you and I are the only two here. Beth, the whole school is at Hayden's party."

"So, let's crash it." She smirked. I sat up straighter, she's piqued my interest.

"It started at 8'oclock and it's 8:30. We can't show up late!" She rolled her eyes.

"Kal, it's a high school party, you show up when you show up and it ends when it ends."

"Ok, but we need to get home soon before Landon. Our parents are out of town and he thinks I'm staying in with the girls." she blushed at the mention of my brother. She has had a crush on him since forever.

"Ok, we need to make you look like a bombshell. Like someone, a senior would date." I frowned.

"How exactly am I supposed to do that?" She smirked.

"Go put on that red dress your dad got you. The one that was too casual for homecoming, but too formal for every day." I nodded.

"Ok, do you think my hair and makeup are good for a party?"

"Hair yes, makeup no. Don't worry, I'll make it look perfect." I smiled. Twenty minutes later I smiled at my reflection in the mirror.

 Twenty minutes later I smiled at my reflection in the mirror

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
First and Last (Love and Hate Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें