38.| ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱɪᴅᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Then we should break it open."

Octavia shook her head this time. "Then it won't protect anyone. Bellamy will find a way."

"You're putting a lot of faith into him. I'm positive that all of Skaikru is against letting every other clan in, Bellamy is outnumbered unless he gets Clarke or someone else on his side. And we don't have much time," he paused as he walked towards the window and looked out. "The black rain is keeping the clans at bay for now. But when it stops and they find out what your people did—"

"They stole the bunker, they're not my people anymore." Octavia instantly replied cutting him off.

"I wondered why Kane was stalling," Echo said announcing her presence as she pulled out her sword.

Alexander was quick to take his out. "I just won a framing conclave against 12 other clans. What makes you think I won't shed your blood as I did with Roan's."

"Why are you still working with her people? Skaikru dishonors us all get again," Echo said with a scoff. "I think your love for the mechanic girl Raven is getting in the way of your intelligence because we both know that when the people find out, they'll pay for this in blood."

Alexander lift his sword again and pinned Echo to the wall as he held it against her throat. "You will not speak of Raven ever again. Don't forget that Skaikru wasn't the only clan that showed dishonor at the conclave."

Echo's eyes widened. "what are you talking about?"

"We know you were disguised as a warrior on the battlefield, and I know Roan caught you," Octavia said butting into the conversation. "I even know that you were banished for it."

"Is this true?" Indra questioned

Alexander nodded. "If the scouts check the blue cliff warrior's body, they'll find Azgeda arrows."

Indra kept her gaze on Echo. "And Roan did not have a bow. Azgeda broke the rules. They should not have a place in this bunker."

"Wonkru, Indra."

Alexander instantly turned towards Octavia with a slight smile on his face. "You remember the story?"

"How could I forget amazing grounder history like that?" Octavia replied

The boy smiled and then turned towards Echo as he brought his sword away from her throat. "I will not banish an entire clan because of your sins."

"What do you want?" Echo spat

"Only for you to honor your king by joining me. If you do, when Bellamy opens that door, my decision will stand." Octavia announced as she turned towards Echo. "Azgeda will survive Praimfaya."

Echo scoffed. "Your plan is to wait? To hope Bellamy comes to your rescue?"

"Yes,"

"Knowing how he feels about you," Echo sighed looking at Indra. "And knowing Raven would kill them all for leaving you. I'd say that's a good plan."

Alexander smirked. "I have always known you weren't as dull as you were before."

Hours passed by, and there was still no sign of Bellamy. The four grew tired. Alexander's wounds were still hurting, he was in pain. He felt sick, before he could say a word, a man came through the door.

"The rain has stopped. The clans are coming, heda. Should we stop them?"

Alexander shook his head. "No, let them come."

With that, the man walked out the door and Alexander sighed loudly.

"It's time to face the music," Octavia joked. The group stayed silent and Alexander was nearly close to passing out. In a second the bunker door opened up and through it came Bellamy. The two siblings hugged. "I know you'd come through," Octavia said with a smile.

"I love you so much," Bellamy responded as he held onto his sister.

"Alexander, they're here," Indra said as she looked down at the boy's body. His eyes were shut and he had sweat dripped down from his face. The boy passed out from the wounds. "We must get him to Abby," Indra said worriedly

"I've got him," Bellamy said as he walked towards Alexander and picked his body up. He walked the boy towards Med and told Abby everything that happened. It was about an hour and so until the boy woke up, there was a note left by his bedside from Abby saying to stay rested but he didn't listen. He pushed past all the people in the bunkers and walkers through the door. The first person his eyes landed on was Clarke.

"You have some nerve," Alexander spat as he walked towards the girl. "You were just going to leave them all to die out there? I fought for your people, Clarke!" he shouted at her

"Alexander—hey calm down—" Miller started as he tried to grab the boy but Alexander pushed him away.

"No, I've fought by your side day after day, Clarke. I fought with you the day at mount weather, I fought with you in the city of light, I protected you from Titus, I have done everything I could to keep you safe." Alexander said scoffing out a bottle chuckle. "after this is all settled, I never want to see you again."

Clarke stayed silent, a tear fell down her eye. She quickly wiped it away and just slowly nodded which caused the boy to shake his head and walk next to Bellamy. Abby glanced at Alexander before she continued talking.

"We'll uh need to prioritize doctors and engineers."

"What about Raven?" Alexander questioned

"Of course we go for Raven." Kane instantly responded.

Jaha glanced out and looked at the crowd in the bunker. "You call this justice?"

"I call this keeping your people from being slaughtered, thank Bellamy for that." Alexander spat as he turned towards Jaha

Jaha put on a face of disappointment as he looked at Clarke. "You let this happen? How many of us have to die?"

"You're lucky it's not all of you," Indra said through gritted teeth. "You must've forgotten Alexander won the conclave and he was kind enough to share it with everyone."

"Lucky?" Jaha scoffed.

Kane sighed. "We have 100 spots. The other clans have all— have all chosen their survivors. We have to do the same."

"100. We have over four times that." Jaha instantly replied with a tone of disbelief.

"A pain that all clans feel," Octavia said butting into the conversation.

"Is this what you wanted?" Jaha asked Clarke

Clarke glanced at Alexander before responding. "No one wanted this—"

"Want's got nothing to do with this!" Alexander shouted in annoyance. "Skaikru gets 100 beds, okay? no more, no less. Same as everybody else, including my people of Trikru. How do you think I feel? But Bellamy and Raven both get one of them so therefore you guys have 98 more spots left for you to decide who's worth living." The boy spat before walking away. As he was just about to step out the door her paused. "You've got 12 hours to decide. If you don't, I will kill them all, including you Jaha."

With that the boy walked out of the room, he was exactly what everyone thought he'd be as commander.

He was ruthless.

And ever since the conclave, whenever anyone has looked into his eyes. All you see is an empty pit of darkness. 

It scared them.

▆▆▆▆▆▆ ★ ▆▆▆▆▆▆    

If you see any spelling mistakes I've made, please feel free to correct me, and if you got any questions go ahead and ask away.