Tutoring and Yule Ball Dates

Summary: You and Draco get asked to tutor some struggling first years.

Year: 4th 

House: Doesn't matter

Blood: Not mentioned

Y/N's POV:

I sit down in my seat as Snape started lecturing us with his monotone voice. "I will be passing back your exams today. I was happy with the many A+'s I've seen for this test but I had to give out multiple F's. Those who earned an F will have to see me later and will redo the assessment." Snape started passing out the tests. As my parchment lands on my desk I notice that a nice, big A+ was marked in red. I smile. I've always been good at potions. 

After everyone got their parchment back, Snape starts teaching us on a new unit and I scramble to write down notes. The class flew by quickly and soon, it was time for me to go back to my dorm. This was my last class today. 

"Miss L/N and Mr. Malfoy...Please stay behind." I was about to leave but then I freeze. Stay behind? 

"Did I do something wrong professor?" I ask. He shakes his head and waits until there were only three of us in the classroom. "As you two know...you are the best students in this class...both of you. I have a couple first years struggling and normally I'm supposed to help them but I don't feel like working with them. That is why you two must tutor them. Together." My eyes widen. Snape wants me to work with Draco Malfoy and tutor first years? Doesn't he know that Malfoy bullies first years? And me

"But professor!" I exclaim as Draco complains and whines like the spoiled brat he is. 

"I figured you wouldn't agree...I have decided that if these students' grades go up in three weeks, your houses will earn 175 points as well as 10 more for each student that gets an A. However if these children don't improve then 180 points from your houses will be taken!" I ponder for a minute. That's a lot of points. 

"I'll do it." I say quickly. Snape looks at Malfoy. 

"Mr. Malfoy, tell me what better things do you have to do?" Draco sighed. 

"Fine. I'll do it." 

"Very well. You start tomorrow after classes in the library." I nod and gather my things before hurrying out of the classroom. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(After classes the next day)

I held a large stack of textbooks in my arms as i make my way to the library. I finally make it to the library only to see that Malfoy already sat down by the first years. I grab a chair and sat down next to him but scoot the chair slightly away from him. "Alright you itty-bitty-first-years-who-suck-at-potions! This is L/N. She and I are going to be your tutors. Obviously, you know who I am..." The 11-year-olds look at him with a blank expression. 

"Malfoy! Quit being arrogant! Not everybody has to know who you are!" I shake my head at him. "This is Mr. Arrogant: Slytherin Prince is what he likes to be called." I say while rolling my eyes. 

"Oh yeah?" Draco raises an eyebrow. "Look I'm L/N! I have my nose stuck in a book! I'm so short that people think I'm invisible!" He says in a mocking voice. 

I roll my eyes. "Alright enough of that. Let's just get to work." We had the first years ask us questions on what they don't understand and we'd answer and help them--actually, it was mostly me. Draco sat there tossing a green apple around. It hit me in the head once. 

About an hour later, I had answered every little question that the first years had to ask. One little girl had asked me if Malfoy and I were dating. Draco smirked at me and I shook my head. They didn't believe me. 

"Alright guys! I think we're done for today. Remember! We're only doing this every other day!" I sigh and slump into the chair. 

"Alright I'm leaving. I finally get to go!" Malfoy exclaimed and stood. I just nodded and grabbed a book. 

Later, when I realize that it was almost time for dinner, I left the library. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Two days later)

I walk into the library and I make my way to the spot we sat in two days ago. I see that Draco was already there and sat with an open book, waving and pointing his quill at the students as he spoke. They all seem to be laughing and smiling as well as taking notes. 

I sit down at my usual spot and open up my textbook to the chapter Draco was explaining to them. Today, I got to see that Draco Malfoy isn't who I thought he was. He's actually a really funny guy. I wonder why he doesn't open up to everyone?

Every time I have to go to the library to tutor, I find myself falling for the rich brat as well as having fun. 

The last week we'd be tutoring the first years was right before the Yule Ball. I decided not to go because I didn't have a date. What good is going to a ball when you don't have a date? I sit down in my usual spot but something was different. Malfoy was usually here earlier than me. I didn't think much of it and let the first years ask their questions. They had a major assessment coming up so I had to help them as much as I could. 

I open up the textbook and skim through it for a refresher before starting to explain. I was in the middle of explaining when Draco finally showed up. He looked a little freaked out. "Malfoy, you good?" I ask. 

"Ye-yeah...just fine. I ran all the way here..." He was slightly out of breath. I shrugged it off until I saw he had a rolled up poster in his hands. 

"What's with the poster?" I ask. He blushes. 

"Um...I..." He stepped back and unraveled the poster. 

(Pretend it says Yule Ball and Y/N instead of Prom and Lauren)

I gasp and look at Draco who looked away embarrassed. "Of course! You didn't have to ask me in such a big way! I would have said yes." I laugh. Realization hit Draco. I had said yes. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. I laugh a little and hug him back. 

"So what do you say L/N? Wanna go on a date before the ball?" I nod and smile even more. 

"Let's get back to tutoring the first years. Then we can do whatever you'd like." I say and take his hand, pulling him back down onto his chair as I sit on mine. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Yule Ball)

I walk down the steps gracefully as I look around for my date, Draco. I spotted him staring at me with a huge grin on his face. I smile and softly take his hand. "You ready?" He nods and leads me into the ballroom. 

We stood around a bit before deciding to dance. Draco took my hand and swayed me to the beat of the music. "Y/N...I was wondering. I-I mean...I like you a lot. You're pretty and smart and just absolutely amazing...will you be my girlfriend?" I smile and stood on my toes, pressing a kiss against his cheek. 

"Yes." The rest of the night consisted of dancing and giggling and me stepping on Draco's toes. 

I can't believe this all happened because Snape made us tutor some first years.