First I Love You

I'll be posting a part 3 to the arranged marriage soon! Enjoy this cute fluffy oneshot though!

House: Gryffindor (Just pretend)

Blood: Doesn't matter

Year: 5

Y/N's POV:

I sat down on the soft couch next to Draco. The notes we took in Potions were spread out around us along with textbooks and multiple quills. We had a test to study for. The warm fire crackled, breaking the silence in the large library. 

There were only a few other people there along with us, all murmuring quietly as not to disturb anyone who was studying. Draco and I lean in, reading the notes and rewriting them to be better. That way, we can go through the information twice. Of course, we were reading off of Draco's notes as he was one of the best students when it came to potions. Even better than Hermione, my best friend. 

We sat there for a little bit, studying and rewriting notes before we took a break. I carefully close the textbooks in front of us and stack the parchment in a neat pile. Draco leans back, his arm resting around my shoulders casually. I snuggle closer to him. I felt something different spark between us. The proximity between us may have been the reason, or maybe the crackling fire and warm atmosphere. I love Draco. 

"Can I tell you something?" I ask.

Draco looks at me, his eyebrows scrunch up a little. "Yes, of course!"

"Promise you won't freak out?" I was worried. What if he didn't feel the same way?

"I won't. Promise." He whispered back before leaning in to press a kiss against my forehead. 

"I love you...Draco Malfoy, I love you so much." I whisper. 

Draco's eyes avoided my gaze. "I-uh...I have to go, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow. Good luck on you're test!" 

My heart dropped. "Yeah...I'll see you tomorrow." I watch him grab his stuff and walk away. Damn, even the way he walks is attractive. 

My eyes filled with tears. How could I have been so stupid? He doesn't love me. I gather my notes and textbooks, trying not to let my tears fall onto the notes that I had just rewritten. I walk back to my dorm where Hermione was waiting for me. 

"Hey, how'd your study date go?" My back was facing her, so she couldn't see my tears but I broke down in sobs as soon as she asked.

"Oh, Y/N! What happened?" Hermione was always so supportive of me and Draco. Especially when Ron and Harry don't approve. 

"I-I told hi-m that I lo-love him a-and he didn't sa-y it ba-back." I could barely make out one sentence before I broke down even more. The smallest things meant the most to me. 

"Hey...it's okay. He doesn't deserve you anyway." She tried to calm me. The two of us didn't go to dinner that night. We stayed up late gossiping and trying to make me forget about the events in the library. 

------------------------------(two days later)---------------------------

I sat down at the Gryffindor table for breakfast with Hermione, Harry, and Ron. The four of us laughed and talked and ate to our heart's content. To say I was feeling better was an understatement. 

It was time to head to our first class: Potions. The only problem with Potions was that I sat next to Draco. Hermione and I were walking and talking, gossiping about the most random things as girls do. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. They pull me back gently and securely hold me so I wouldn't run away. 

I had no idea who it was until I saw the Slytherin robes and smelled the faint smell of expensive cologne and apples. Draco. 

"I just want to let you know that I love you too...Sorry for not saying it earlier." He whispered before pressing a kiss against my cheek. "I was just nervous. I never realized how much you mean to me. I love you. I love you . I love you." These words brought tears to my eyes. He does love me. 

I smile and turn in his arms. I look up at him. His eyes gleamed with relief and adoration. His smile mirrored mine. His cheeks were soft pink, unlike the pale, color-less complexion of his.

He presses a quick kiss against my lips before peppering my face with butterfly kisses. I giggle. 

"I love you." I say softly before hugging Draco as tightly as I can. 

"I love you more." 

We ended up being late for potions, but that was alright with me. 

I hope ya'll enjoyed this cute and fluffy imagine. Sorry it's kinda short. Happy Diwali everyone!