Seventeen

Chaeyoung entered the pub. It was quiet though; it wasn't the usual lively place. If she didn't see Irene and the other girls in a table, she would think that it was a different place.

"H-hi..." She managed to squeak.

Everybody was looking at her and now she wanted the ground to eat her alive.

"Chaeyoung? What's with the bag?" Irene was the first to noticed and she asked.

"Oh. haha. I'm planning on going back to Seoul" Chaeyoung said awkwardly

"But unnie, you promise that you'll hang out with us. And you'll teach Yuna to ride a motorbike" Chaeryeong said.

"Don't worry, kids, I'll make time for you guys when you visit Seoul" Chaeyoung said.

It's obvious that the girls are sad that she's leaving. The 5 younger girls went to her and trapped her into a group hug.

"So, you're going to run away?" Yeri asked.

"Yes. I want Jennie to have her own life and she wouldn't be able to achieve that if I'm still around. It was enough for me that I was able to let my feelings known, I'm not asking for something in return" Chaeyoung said.

She's not expecting everybody to understand her. She went to the pub to say goodbye, not to explain.

"And I want to say sorry Irene Unnie, I dragged your quiet place into my problems. I dragged you into my problems. I'm really sorry. And to your fiancée?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I'm Wendy" the girl stepped forward and introduced herself.

"Oh, haha. Hi, nice to meet you. uhm. I- please take care of Irene Unnie. She's a bit handful but, she just needs someone who will love her and only her and I'm glad she already found the one" Chaeyoung said.

Wendy walked towards her and gave her a hug.

"I wished I've known you earlier. But I hope to be in touch with you" Wendy said and Chaeyoung knew that this girl is just right for Irene.

"Here" Irene gave her a piece of paper.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Information of the person who sold the scoop to the media" Irene said but Chaeyoung just gave it back to her.

"Any publicity is still publicity Unnie. I'll let you handle that. I don't care what they say about me. If what I remembered was right, I was just telling the truth" Chaeyoung said.

"Okay... if that's what you want. Just know that you are always welcome here. No need for a membership, I'll make an exception just for you." Irene said and everybody cheered.

"I'll drive you back to Seoul!" Jisoo suddenly appeared and offered her a ride.

Her sudden entrance shocked everyone. Jisoo doesn't have any idea what happened last night because she miraculously disappeared yesterday. The only thing she knows is that Chaeyoung is going back to Seoul.

"Oh, Jisoo, no need. I'll just ride the bus" Chaeyoung declines.

"No. I insist" Jisoo said.

"But-"

"Chaeyoung, don't worry. You're safe with Jisoo. And besides there isn't any bus stop around here" Irene said.