Two

Kim household...

"So, how are you darling? I haven't seen you in a while. I've been bugging Jennie to bring you here but she wouldn't. She's always telling me that you are busy" Jennie's mom said.

"I'm okay mom. And yeah I'm a bit busy this past few months so I wasn't able to visit you" Chaeyoung said.

"How about the two of you? Everything is fine?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Yes, dad. We are very much fine. Right love?" Chaeyoung answered and nudged Jennie who was busy staring at her food since they started eating.

"Yes, no problem at all" Jennie gave her dad the best smile she could muster and looked at Chaeyoung.

"So, when do you plan to get married?" Mrs. Park asked that made the two of them cough.

Jennie gave Chaeyoung a glass of water before she gets her own. When the two of them calmed down, both of them looked at each other and to their parents who were looking at them and waiting for their answer.

"Uhm... a-about that. I, we haven't talked about that yet, mom" Jennie answered.

"Yeah... we are still young and we still have a lot of things we want to achieve so maybe some other time" Chaeyoung said.

"But we aren't getting any younger and the two of you also. We wanted to at least see the two of you wed before we... you know?" Mr. Kim said.

"Dad, please. We are still happy in this kind of relationship. We don't want to hurry and make harsh decisions that we might regret in the future" Jennie said.

"But on the other hand, they are right, we are not getting any younger. Can we get married tomorrow, Nini?" Chaeyoung said and Jennie secretly kicked her feet under the table.

Chaeyoung smiled in victory seeing Jennie's pissed face.

"oh... by the way we have something to tell you" Chaeyoung said surprising Jennie and getting the elders' attention.

"Just Jennie, I mean Jennie have something to tell, right love?" said smiling nervously since Jennie's cat-eyes look like boring holes on her existence.

"What is it my daughter?" Mrs. Kim asked, leaving Jennie with no choice.

Jennie secretly glared at Chaeyoung and smiled at her parents.

"Well..." she started.

"We haven't seen each other in a while and had no time to talk about the wedding, that's why we aren't sure about what to answer. So, I decided to take Chaeyoung somewhere, only the two of us so we can talk about it and maybe settle things before we discuss it with you" Jennie said.