My heart fell to my stomach. Though I knew it was the best thing to do, I really wanted her to say something different. I wanted her to protest Kyler...tell him she wanted me to come with her. That was a silly thing for me to think though. It was a silly idea for me to want to go with her to begin with.

The clatter of footsteps neared us, and we halted out of the corner as quick as we could, and as unsuspiciously as possible. Though I didn't think three guards jumping out of a corner with a rogue prisoner was very normal looking to the troopers of the Chamber. Before I knew it Kyler was already trailing Evelyn opposite from me and Celeste. It happened too quickly for me to even comprehend. Celeste was now bugging my arm to go with her the other way, but it was as if my body was being pulled towards Evelyns. I stood stiff, watching her brown hair brush against her back while she peered her head over her shoulder at me. A quick breath escaped her lips as she tried to meet my eyes under my helmet, but felt it felt like she was already a mile away. I stepped my foot out towards her but Celeste pulled me back.

"We need to go. She'll be fine."

I turned my head at Celeste, then back forwards to find Evelyn. And just like that..she was gone. I stared blankly in front of me, trying to imagine that she was still there. Trying to calm my nerves with the sense of her warm touch on the bare skin of my cheek. I reminded myself how good it felt when she touched me, like a pool of heat flooding my cold skin. How she could rip every racing thought right out of my head and focus my attention to her. I still had a hard time deciding if what she was doing to me was good or bad. With Verena, I knew it was bad but convinced myself it was good. With Evelyn though, I wasn't so sure if I could tell the difference between what was good or bad.

"Come on Dom." Celeste nudged me again.

"Ok." I nodded, shaking myself out of my gaze

Focus Dominic. Focus on the mission.

Celeste and I trailed through the familiar halls of the Chamber. It was all so surreal to me. It had been eight years but it felt like yesterday. Like I had just been dragged by my hands and feet by a swarm of doctors, leading me into the evil mouth of the lab. The lab. Before I knew it, It was there...right in front of me again. My eyes lit in horror of the sight of the large white doors. Suddenly I was a kid again. I could still hear the clicks of the code being pressed into the wall, my body tingling at the sound. I could still feel the burning sensation that churned through my veins and bursted to my brain like a bullet was being shot through my skull everytime my body was strapped to a machine. I could still feel the injection of hot liquid stinging in my flesh whenever they decided I was going to test a new drug. I could still see the blood trickling from my temples and down my cheeks whenever they tried to pick at my brain. I often wondered how I could have possibly survived what I did. My mothers words and my promise to Celeste were the only things that pushed me to live. Stay strong Dominic.

I noticed Celeste gaze at the lab as we passed it too. I wondered what thoughts ran through her mind. If she still had flashes of memories of what happened to her, or if she had just shut it out, erasing it all from her mind. I wished I could erase it all, but it's not easy to hide scars after they are cut so deep.

"It still haunts me." Celeste held her breath as we both peered at the giant white doors.

"Me too." I muttered softly. This was the only time me and Celeste had ever talked about the lab. And we probably will never talk about it again.

We headed down the hall, the floor leading me in a familiar route, it was like my feet knew exactly where to take me. That's when we approached the door. The giant black door as dark as night, that frightening grin of a frame smiling at me with an evil smirk.