32.| ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏʀꜱᴇᴍᴇɴ

Mulai dari awal

"Nyko? brother, what happened to them?" Alexander questioned as he kept his eyes on the sick girl in his arms.

"The sickness. We lost more than forty on the way."

That's when Alexander's eyes met Luna's, she started coughing badly and the boy scoffed. "Look what the cat dragged in."

Luna looked up and locked her eyes with Alexander's. "Ale, please don't turn us away because of what I did to you all."

Alexander's jaw tensed up, the boy turned towards Abby. "what's wrong with them?"

"Fever. Lesions, vomiting." Abby paused turning towards the group. "It's an ARS."

"what's ARS?" Bellamy inquired

"Acute radiation sickness."

Alexander turned towards the group as Abby talked to Luna and the others. Everyone could tell that by the look on the boy's face he would've left Luna to rot to death.

"What happened?" Raven questioned

Bellamy slightly chuckled. "Alex has a past with Luna."

"You guys dated?"

Alexander nearly gaged. "what? no. I—she was family."

"Was?"

"Mhm." Alexander nodded. "was."

"Let's get to them to Medbay," Abby announced to the group. As she interrupted their conversation. Alexander walked towards the dead body of the little girl and he crouched down.

"It's already here, Clarke."

Without another word, the group made their way inside. Alexander went back to training for the conclave as he prepared all he could do was take the anger out on a punching bag.

"Raven's looking for us," Bellamy said getting Alexander's attention.

The boy looked up and nodded as he grabbed his towel and made his way towards Raven and the others. Once he walked into the room Raven was sitting behind a bunch of computers.

"So Luna's rig is here, and if the fish in their waters are dying, well. Basically, we're screwed," She explained

Bellamy shook his head. "I don't understand. Alie said we have six months"

"We don't."

"Well. Then how long do we have?" Clarke asked

Raven sighed. "I don't know. It's hard to say. Radiation is dispersed by the jet stream and carried by ocean currents, so it's not an exact science, but the leading indicators are small species Die-Offs- Fish, insects. Based on the new data I'd say we have.." Raven paused. "two months of survivability. Maybe less."

"The Ark won't be ready," Alexander stated

Raven nodded as she turned around to face them. "It'll be close—why are you only wearing a towel?" she questioned Alexander who had no shirt on, except for a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Oh—I was going to shower but Bellamy told me you wanted to speak to us." He shrugged

Raven furrowed her eyebrows. "Okay. anyway, if we triply the man-hours and work around the clock, we should be able to achieve a hard seal before the black rain comes. We just have to decide who gets to live here."

"Raven. We're not talking about the list again," Clarke instantly responded.

Raven stood from her seat. "Clarke. We are running out of time. We have to make a plan for the day we close the doors, drill for it make sure only the survivors have guns, agree on protocols for dealing with the people who are pissed off they're not chosen. You asked me to be in charge of rationing, and I am doing it but choosing who gets to live or die is your specialty." Raven spat.