Chapter 160: Chaos & Order

Start from the beginning

Zuri, dressed in a simple T-shirt and shorts, was hardly recognizable. The little girl had completed the bloodline inheritance, and its effects were beyond anything Rider had imagined. Zuri's unique ability [Beast Soul Possession] was even more tyrannical than Rider had estimated.

Beast Soul Possession suppressed and mutated the werewolf bloodline to suit Zuri.

In Rider's initial calculations, the werewolf gene would overwrite all the beast souls Zuri currently had. This was normal because werewolves were cursed to be unable to use magic. But this was no significant loss. In return for the inability to use magic, werewolves had an absurd amount of natural ki. This ki, if utilized well, could achieve just as much destruction as any magic-based attack.

Take [Meteor], one of the most iconic large-scale magic attacks. In the right hands, [Meteor] was capable of wiping out an entire city in one swoop. This was the undisputed deadliness of magic. Its only downside was the long cast-time. On the other hand, a warrior with the right amount of ki could unleash a torrent of attacks at the same time on the very same city. The destruction would take a little more time, but there was no wait time between attacks. This was the terror of ki.

[Beast Soul Possession] took all the good parts of being a werewolf: ki, reflexes, strength, speed, ferocity, and discarded the magic penalty. As a result, a contradictory existence was born: a werewolf with the ability to cast magic. Of course, in Zuri's case, she lacked the discipline to study magic. Hence the advantage showcased itself in her maintained ability to channel souls.

The werewolf gene did not only manifest internally. Its effects could also be seen in Zuri's external physiology. Most noticeably was her hair, which had turned snow-white. Initially, Zuri had been very upset because of this. She was sad because she did not look like Kashi anymore. It had taken a whole day of coaxing from a weary Rider before she finally cheered up. Even then, it was only because he said that Kashi already had a black wolf by his side. This way, she could be his unique 'white wolf.'

Zuri's hair was not the only change. She had also grown a few inches taller, and her muscles had become more defined. Angled features boosted her natural untamed, ferocious aura, making her appear more dangerous, yet even more beautiful. There were rumors that the werewolf and vampire genes had an effect of beautifying their kind. This rumor appeared to be accurate, at least in Zuri's case.

However, the most striking difference appeared when Zuri activated the werewolf gene and transformed. Snow-white fur sprouted on her skin, covering her arms, chest, and abdominal region. Little tufts of fur also formed around the back of her calf. Her hands and feet predictably grew a size larger, turning bony and long with claws at the end. Zuri's facial features largely remained the same except for subtle tweaks to her bone structure that made her appear even more brutal.

It was this brutal form that Rider was currently looking at. He raised his hand as Zuri spun in place. Her surprise kick struck his palm. This did not deter Zuri, and she quickly unleashed a chaotic storm of punches and kicks. Rider easily blocked the random attacks and then grabbed her arm.

Zuri froze. Clearly, she had not planned on what she would do in the event her attack was interrupted. With a flick of his wrist, Rider slammed her onto the earth. The ground cracked beneath the force of Zuri's back. The poor daeben struggled to gasp for air as she had the breath knocked out of her.

Rider stood over her, arms folded. "You're still too chaotic," Rider admonished. "Random attacks are good for confusing the enemy. But there's no use if even you don't know what's coming next." Rider watched as Zuri scrambled to her feet and pulled away from him. Aside from the initial shock, she was completely fine.