47. flustered

🎵Touchy Feely — Ro James

"Holy fucking shit, Ella," Lydia says in shock  as I finally finish telling her about France. I told her every last detail and her jaw seems as though it'll reach the ground.

"I know," I say with a small laugh. We're seated on the sofa in the living room sitting cross-legged. It's only about noon; Harry left about an hour and a half ago, but he texted me saying he already found a restaurant for tonight and how he made the reservations for 7.

"I'm so glad you had Harry there," Lydia says softly, speaking about the dinner from hell at Henri's. "We always figured your dad was a waste, he only proved it with this bullshit."

She was right — back in high school, when we first met, Lydia and I always talked about who our fathers could have been; her father left their family when she was younger. I smile to myself, remembering how we always thought we shared the same dad. Lydia shakes her head in disgust before her eyes twinkle.

"But, you and Harry finally saying you love each other...how do you feel?" She asks. A big smile creeps up onto my face at the change of subject.

"Lyds, I don't know...I don't think I ever truly believed in love," I say quietly. "But with Harry? Fuck, I'm head over heels for him. When I look at him, it's as if all the pieces fall into place. I never expected it to happen but...I'm so in love with him."

That sounds so vague but I couldn't possibly be able to form into words just how much Harry means to me; words will never be enough to describe the depth of my love for him.

A large grin creeps up on my best friend's face as she throws her arms around me again. "Ella, I'm so happy for you both. You deserve this!" I laugh as we hug again.

"Anything new happen with you and Jax while I was gone?" I tease, and this causes Lydia to launch into her own story. I laugh when she tells me how she slept over for the first time the other night, but snuck out because she thought he wasn't home, only to run into Jax at the deli down the street from his apartment.

"I'm really enjoying my time with him, you know better than anyone how hard it is to open up, but I feel like I can with him," Lydia says and I smile, feeling glad.

Lydia and I spend the rest of the day chatting and spending time together; she insists that she curl my hair for our outing tonight and I let her.

There isn't much I can say no to when it comes to Lydia.

The time passes by quickly as Lydia and I joke around while she does my hair and we order a small pie of pizza to curb us until dinner later. It's about 5 p.m. when she leaves, telling me that she and Jax will meet Harry and I at my apartment in an hour, and I decide to get shower and get ready. I'm not sure how fancy or how casual I should be dressed, so I settle on a satin peach mini dress.

just when I finish my makeup, there's a soft knock on my door. I glance quickly at the clock. 5:50 p.m. I rush to the door, opening it to reveal the man of my dreams.

"Hi," I breath out once my eyes catch sight of him. He's wearing dress pants and a white long-sleeved button down; the sleeves are rolled to show the tattoos on his forearms and the first few buttons are undone as always, giving me a wonderful view of his chest and the dark ink that swirls there. His seafoam colored eyes dance in amusement as he catches me checking him out, then he shamelessly runs his own eyes down my body.

"How is it possible that my girl is so gorgeous?" Harry says with a shake of his head, almost in disbelief. I laugh, tugging him in by the collar into the apartment, and pulling him close to kiss me. The door shuts behind him just as his lips press against mine, lightly at first, then Harry deepens the kiss, his tongue roaming in my mouth against mine.