9. selfish

🎵Woman — Harry Styles

"Excuse me," I mumble, pushing past Brad, past security, and down the stairs. I get to the bar, hiding in a darker, less dense area of the bar, and sit on a stool, trying to calm the frantic racing of my heart.

I have to be drunk and delusional.

How is he here?

Out of all nights, out of all places and clubs in New York fucking City? I thought he was in California. I sip on the Old-Fashioned I ordered, trying to calm the rate of my pulse. A stool suddenly pulls out beside me, and I freeze.

"Whiskey, neat. Thanks."

I slowly turn to my right to see that beautiful smirk coming from the man who's been invading my dreams the past two weeks. Harry's beyond drunk, I can tell by the look in his eyes and the way his eyes shamelessly rake up my body.

I swallow hard when his drink arrives and he takes a long, slow sip. He's wearing a black button down, only its buttoned starting from the middle, and the dark ink of a butterfly tattooed on his chest is visible.

"Eyes up here, Aurelia." I almost sigh at the sound of my full name leaving his mouth.

He puts a finger under my chin, tilting my head up before removing it. My chin feels like it's burning in the spot he touched. The small sober part of me takes note of how I didn't feel this way earlier when Brad touched me.

"What are you doing here?" I blurt out, the liquor taking over me.

"It's Fate bringing us together, remember?" Harry replies, scooting his stool a bit closer to mine. My breath hitches in my throat. He's so handsome that it aches.

"In New York. What are you doing in New York?" I ask, feeling brave when I take another sip of my drink.

"For you," Harry simply replies, looking into my eyes. I scoff and roll my eyes. I'm drunk and I refuse to let him say such incredulous things.

"You're not here for me," I laugh with a shake of my head, getting up. Harry grabs my arm quickly, not letting me past him. His touch is gentle.

"What makes you say that?" He asks. He's kidding, right?

"You're kidding, right?" I say. "You ignored my texts, after I shared important details about my life, they may be small to you but I never tell anyone about my life. You ignored me after we kissed, oh, what was it that you said? 'What are you doing to me, Aurelia?'" I mock his words from the night at the park. Then I see 'Harry Styles leaves club at 4 a.m. with supermodel!' in the headlines!"

"And you're here dancing with the owner!" Harry responds to me, anger and another emotion I can't quite detect flaring in his eyes.

"Why the fuck should I even care?" I throw my hands up in the air. "You're Harry Styles, I'm just some girl you met!" I push past him and into the private restroom on this end of the club, and lean against the door.

There shouldn't be any reason why Harry should be getting this much of a reaction to me. He's a celebrity, we shared one kiss, so why am I so fucking jealous?

The door suddenly bursts open, and I jump back. Harry pushes the door close behind him, turning the lock.

"What are you—" I don't get a chance to finish my question. My heart races as he quickly pins me against the wall, his one hand grabbing both of my wrists.