38. how's that for communication?

🎵Twisted — Two Feet

Harry's eyes flicker to Lucien, who's jaw is definitely on the ground this time. Harry walks over to me, pulling me by the waist closer to him. He meshes his lips with mine, which part involuntarily, and our tongues move together until I quickly come back to reality and pull away.

I feel the heat on my cheeks. He's never kissed me that way in front of someone.

Lucien is still stood frozen, but he shakes his head quickly. "Aurelia, I didn't know your boyfriend was—"

"Harry Styles," Harry cuts him off, giving him a tight smile and reaches his hand out for a handshake.

I narrow my eyebrows, confused. He absolutely hates throwing his name around like that. In the time that I've known him, he's never done that.

Lucien takes his hand, shaking Harry's. "Lucien Covin. This car...I was telling Aurelia how sweet it is." Harry laughs, his arm still around my waist.

"Being famous has its perks sometimes," Harry says. I turn to face him, trying to hide my incredulous expression from Lucien.

What the fuck?

What is he getting on? He never throws around the fact that he's famous; hell, he hates thinking that more than anything.

Harry doesn't meet my eyes or turn to face me. Lucien is oblivious to Harry and I's small interaction. He turns to me and says, "I'll see you tomorrow, Ella. It was great meeting you, Harry." Lucien smiles at us before getting into his car. Harry waves him off.

When Lucien is out of sight, I pull away from Harry's grip and walk inside. "Aurelia," Harry calls from behind me, but I ignore him.

I can't freaking believe he's just done that — it's unbelievable to me because we've had so many conversations about the importance of him having a private life. Then he goes ahead and practically flaunts his fame, for what point?

"Aurelia," he calls again, following me into the bedroom.

I turn around. "What was that, Harry?" I ask, the anger starting to brew in me, threatening to come out.

"What was what?" He asks, plopping down on the bed. I shake my head.

"'I'm Harry Styles,'" I mock, waving my arms around my head. "'Being famous has its perks.' Since when do you flaunt who you are? You hate that!"

"Since Lucien over there was eyeing my girlfriend!" Harry says to me and my eyes widen. "And what, you'll see him tomorrow? What's that about?"

"What?"

Harry is silent, but I see anger forming behind his jade eyes, the same way that it's boiling inside of me. "Excuse me?" I ask, crossing my arms. I'm reminded of that night he saw Brad and I at Lotus — I understood his anger then, but this is just fucking ridiculous.

"You're being ridiculous," I say with a shake of my head. "Do you want to know why I'll see him tomorrow? Go ahead, ask me."

Harry remains silent but I speak again. "Go on, ask me why I'll be seeing him tomorrow."

He finally sighs, his nostrils flaring. "Why, Aurelia?"

I lean against the dresser, crossing my arms. "Henri invited me to dinner with them at his home tomorrow night. Elise, Lucien, and I are all invited, so that's why I'll be seeing him," I say, shaking my head. Harry's eyes soften and I see regret flood his features.

"If you had just asked me, we wouldn't be having this conversation, Harry. I'm finally going to meet my father tomorrow and all I wanted to do was come to my boyfriend and tell him about my day, but instead you think something entirely different," I say.