Chapter 9: One Step at A Time

(Kevin's Pov)

After what I did yesterday, I did not sleep that entire night. I couldn't even do anythin to take my mind off it and anytime I closed my eyes, I saw Nina's face...I saw how shook up and frightened she looked.

The scared look in her face and how her body trembled and tears fell from her face...I felt so feckin stupid and felt so bad that I did that...I don't know why I asked that, I knew better than to ask but I opened my big dumb mouth and now I feel like I lost her...

When the next day rolled around, I didn't get any sleep, all of me wanted to avoid her, but all of me couldn't so I didn't bother gettin dressed and just slid on my shoes and headed down to her apartment to apologize...I just really hope I didn't ruin things and she's okay...I don't even know how to make it up to her...

I felt nauseous and felt my heart race. I took a deep breath and hesitantly knocked on her door a few times. Part of me wanted to bolt right then and there but I couldn't do that so I swayed awkwardly and waited till she answered...if she answered that was.

When she did, she looked terrible...and that just broke my heart because I caused this, I made her upset and that was the one thing I didn't want ta do...It was awkward between us but I just blurted out and apologized for what I did and she felt bad and apologized for what she did even tho she had no reason to apologize.

I wanted her to trust me, I wanted to be her friend, I want to help her and make her happy. She wanted to trust me too so badly but she was scared and paranoid and I told her that she doesn't have to trust me with her life but I want her to slowly try and give it a chance so I suggested that we hang out everyday for a little while so she not only gets used to Ireland but to me as well...

She was hesitant but she agreed which made me happy and I asked if she wanted to get somethin to eat which she said yes to and went to get ready. When she was ready we headed to a lovely café not far from our home.

When we got there, we walked into the warm air and fresh smell of coffee and pastries. I told Nina to find us a seat while I ordered us some coffee and food. When I got our order, I found her sitting in the corner booth which made me smile as I went and sat across from her.

She grabbed a sandwich and hesitantly ate it which I wanted to see if she would actually eat it which I was glad she did. I wanted ta ask if she had an eating disorder but I didn't want it to seem I'm bein insensitive...so me bein me, I asked it awkwardly.

She understood what I was sayin though and told me she doesn't have one, she just gets sick easily from food so that was good and she told me that she was fine which I didn't really believe but I'm gonna have to because I can't force her ta tell me ya know?

We talked a bit back and forth about YouTube and such, she asked about the others I play with so I rambled a lot about them. She smiled and giggled which made me happy to see. She genuinely was so beautiful when she smiled and laughed.

After a while, we finished up our lunch and headed back home. On our way however, it began to pour because well...it was Ireland so what can ya do huh? We both just laughed and ran back home while getting soaked in the process but hearin Nina's laugh just made everythin so much better.

When we got back home, I walked Nina to her door as we stopped for a moment to take a breath. We both looked at each other and laughed and I told her if she needed anythin she knows where to find me.

She thanked me for today which made me smile and nod and told her I'd be here tomorrow for another fun adventure which I think she was lookin forward to, but frankly so was I. She waved me bye and headed in her home which made me smile and take a deep breath. I ran my fingers through my hair and headed up to my house and walked in lettin out a sigh in relief...Man I was just glad I didn't lose her...I don't know what I would do if I did...