Say Hi to the Sangsters

Start from the beginning

"Now c'mon, dears, come on in! I can tell it's not the warmest weather," Tasha says, ushering us in. Thomas chuckles and I smile politely. "Come dear, come. You must meet the rest of the family!" Tasha says, pulling me along. I look back at Thomas to see him silently laughing, earning a small glare.

Some fake boyfriend he was.

Tasha brings me into the kitchen where a man around her age and a younger woman who appeared my age were seated.

"Mark, Ava! Meet y/n!" Tasha introduces excitedly. I finally come to a standstill and wave. "Um, hi! It's a pleasure to meet you all!" The man gets up, Mark I think, and walks over to me. He holds out his hand and I take it. He smiles at me and says: "It's nice to meet you, y/n. We've heard a great deal from Thomas about you." I raise an eyebrow and glance back at Thomas. "You have?" Thomas gives me a sheepish smile as he rubs the back of his neck. I give a small laugh before turning back to Mark. "I hope nothing too bad,"

"Oh quite the opposite," Tasha laughs, sitting next to the girl, who must be Ava. "Thomas can't seem to shut up about you whenever we ask. Maybe it's a good thing it's over text," She says whispering that last part.

"Mum!" Thomas scolds. I laugh and smile at Tasha.

"I'm glad I haven't been too terrible. You're son's quite wonderful, he's always the highlight of my day." I say, looking back at Thomas, who wraps his arms over my neck to rest on my shoulders. "Even when he can't see me, he always takes time out of his day to call me. No one's ever treated me like Thomas does, and I can't help but love him even more for it," I look up into Thomas' soft brown eyes, making me smile as butterflies fill my chest.

"Ew. I came for dinner! Not a lovefest!" Ava gags playfully, giving us a smile to tell us she was joking.

"You're just jealous your boyfriend broke up with you Ava," Thomas comebacks. "You just wish you were y/n! Having someone who will wait on you hand and foot, day and night." Thomas kisses my cheek and I blush, looking away before looking back at him with a smile. Ava rolls her eyes at us.

"Alright, let's get dinner started," Tasha claps, standing up. "I decided to keep it simple, so I made fish n' chips!" I look over at her and smile.

We all got in line, Thomas wrapping his arm around my waist, like back at the cafe. I smile at him before we begin to scoop our plates. Well, I scooped, Thomas held me. We then sat down and said a small grace.

I had gotten more used to the grammar here while voicing, so I understood that the chips were really fries and the fish was actually fried fish.

Man, our founding fathers really hated the British so much that they had to make communication difficult. But hey, the whole fries and chips and crisps wording could be a harder and worse combination.

"So, y/n, you're American, ya?" Ava asked. "What brings you to London?"

I quickly swallowed my food, a hand over my mouth while the other held up a finger, signalling for her to give me one moment. "Well," I started. "I decided to try voice acting. And since our director wanted us to get to know each other and work with us in person, it was just easier to get us all to London. So I've been here for a few months now. And I just happened to meet Thomas," I say with a smile. Thomas takes my hand and gives it a small squeeze.

"Mhm, and how did you meet?" Ava interrogates. "A cafe, Ava." Thomas replies, wrapping his arm back around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"What was the first thing you noticed about my brother? Besides his obvious stupidity," Ava smirks. Thomas glares at Ava and replies: "Ava, you're always breaking the rules." I chuckle, thinking of my own family back home.