Say Hi to the Sangsters

A week after spending time together, I was finally meeting Thomas' parents. We hadn't done anything like that first date, thank goodness, but we still had fun.

It was mainly us hanging out and talking, watching movies and chilling. Then again, we only got together to watch the movie and talk before he left at the end of the movie. And the movie is really the only thing we did.

I had a huge problem deciding what to wear though, just because I didn't want to send the wrong impression! Thomas told me to dress casually. Think this sweater's casual?

 Think this sweater's casual?

I hope so.

Wait, why am I overthinking this?

Thomas picked me up and we got in his car. I wanted to try his motorbike, but Thomas said it would be a bad time. So I shrugged it off and we agreed on his car.

As we were in the car, I couldn't help but bounce my leg, which was something I constantly did due to my anxiety. Why was I even nervous? I was an actress! It's my job to act! Ok, I'm a voice actress. But still an actress! I'm meant to act!

Thomas notices my nervous twitch and gently takes my hand, continually glancing at the road. "What's wrong, love?" He asks, only glancing at me.

"N-nothing, Thomas. I'm just... nervous." I admit. "Even though this is fake, I'm still nervous! What if I make you look bad? What if your family hates me? What if I make a bad impression! What if-" "What if it all goes well?" Thomas cuts in. "Look, it will all be fine! Just breathe. You're an actress, you'll do great."

I give him a small smile and he gives me a grin, squeezing my hand gently.

I looked out the window, nervously biting my lip and trying to set my nerves at ease. Everything will be fine. I'll be fine... ya.

---

We finally arrived at his house. He opens the car door for me and takes my hand. My mind kept flying to Justin. I felt like I was cheating on him! I'm not, but it might look like it.

"Hey, you've got this," Thomas whispers, giving my hand a small squeeze. I nod and he knocks on the door.

A woman opens the door and her face lights up when she sees us. "Tommy-bear!" She squeals, wrapping him in a hug. I let go of his hand and step back, letting him and his mother hug.

"Oh it's so good to see you! You're always out and about or with your friends! I never get to see you anymore,"  She frowns, cupping his face. "I didn't even know you had a girlfriend till 2 weeks ago! Oh, is this her?" She looks at me and Thomas beams. "Yup! Mum, meet y/n."

I smile and hold out my hand. "How do you do, Mrs. Sangster?" I smile. Thomas' mother hugs me instead. I'm shocked at first but hugged her back.

"Oh please dear, call me Tasha!" Thomas' mother says, pulling back and smiling at me. I smile back and Tasha let's go.