Looking Back

********************************
Chapter Question:
Favorite song(s)
********************************

The night before, I had asked Max if I could talk to him about Thomas. He gladly agreed and the next morning I forced myself to wake up early so that I could avoid Thomas.

I pulled up to our cafe and waited in line until I came up and ordered some hot chocolate and a small breakfast. I take my breakfast to a table kind of away from everyone else. I eat in peace before driving to Max's place.

I pull up to the address he sent me, putting my car in park on the side of the street. I walk up to the door and knock, only to have it answered by someone who wasn't Max.

"Max! Your friend's here!" The man calls back, smiling down at me. "Come in!"

I smile and walk in shyly when he steps to the side to let me in. The man was incredibly tall, and definitely had some Polynesian history.

"Thanks Auzzie," Max smiles, walking in as he's drying his hair with a towel. "Y/n, this is my boyfriend, Azul. Azul, this is my friend and co-actor, y/n!"

Azul smiles and extends his hand to me. "It's good to meet you!" I smile and shake his hand happily. "Same to you!"

"Are you hungry, y/n?" Max asks.

I shake my head with a soft smile. "Thank you, Max, but I ate before I came."

"I'll make you something, babe." Azul says, pecking Max's cheek before heading into the kitchen.

"Well he's hot." I say casually, making Max blush.

"Hey, he's my boyfriend! Not yours!" Max warns playfully, causing me to laugh. "Speaking of, don't you want to talk about yours?" Max asks, causing me to release a sigh.

"C'mon, y/n, come sit on the couch." Max says guiding me to the couch.

"Tell me what's going on? Do I need to kill him?" Max asks, making me shake my head frantically. "No! Nothing like that! Thomas is wonderful it's just... I don't know." I sigh.

"You wanna talk about it?" Max asks kindly.

I nod my head and then go on to explain how I was wondering if Thomas really did love me as he saw one picture and flipped off when I would trust him enough to be around other women, and then how he had sort of been acting a bit distant and extra jumpy. I also told Max about the threats we were getting from Leila.

Max listened to it all, letting me go on. When I was finally done, he gave me a good hug.

"Ya know, y/n," Max says when we pull away. "Maybe Thomas is having some of these same, if not similar, thoughts about you. Maybe he's worried that you'll cheat on him like Leila did or that one day you just won't love him anymore. So the whole picture thing was just him worrying that you were beginning to love someone else and the distancing is in case you do hurt him."

I nod my head, taking it all in. It made sense.

"Max," I say, after a moment of silence. "How do you know if you love someone?"

Max lets out a puff of air as he leans back against the couch and thinks on the question I had just asked.

"Well," He finally says after a moment. "I think you know you love someone when just a simple Hello text from them pops up and it makes you smile. Heck, just the thought of them makes you smile! And they just can't seem to get out of your head, either. You don't necessarily want to do nasty things with them, but you want to actually live a life with them. You want to grow old with them by your side because they make you happy, despite all the teasing. You find that they're the person you constantly turn to for everything cause their opinion seems to be the only one that matters to you. You know you love someone when you just want to see them happy. But you can't help but want them to be happy with you by their side."