Trips and Scripts

This is a short chapter, but I promise they get longer and better!
*********************************

I was walking through the streets of London, which were more empty than usual.

As I walked down, I couldn't help but get lost in thought. I seemed to have been doing that a lot recently.

I had recently quit my job as a barista and waitress to pursue my dream of voice acting. I had already got a gig, which was pretty good. But I didn't enjoy the plot line.

But hey, whatever it takes to pay the bills, right? But on the side, I wrote songs. I wasn't sure if they were any good or not, but they were just what I did to help clear my thoughts and sort my emotions.

I was 28, so I had pretty free roam to do whatever it was I pleased. But I didn't really follow that rule. My work had recently taken me to London, so after 2 months, I had a general feel of the area. I also never really went to parties, mainly because I didn't have many friends. I had a few close friends who were each successful in their own way. I stayed in contact with them, but not too much. I do have a boyfriend though, and he was the sweetest. We had been going strong for 3 years. We decided this would be the great test before considering marriage.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone who was running and I fell down, all of my script and songs flying out from my work bag.

"Crap..." I mutter, getting on my hands and knees to gather my stuff before it flew away.

"Shi... I'm so sorry, I really should've been looking at where I was going," A deep, British voice muttered.

"I-it's ok," I laugh grabbing the papers and doing my best to sort them out a bit.

"Are you an actor?" The man asked. I saw him holding a piece of my script and I snatched it from him.

"Sort of," I muttered in reply.

The man chuckles and continues picking up the papers. "Wow, this looks really good! Do you sing?" He asks. You look and immediately start blushing. "N-no, not in public," you grab the paper and hide it away.

The man chuckles and shows you his hand. "Well, hi. I'm Thomas,"