Author's Note: Choking Hold

If you haven't read the last chapter "Choking Hold" yet, please read that first! Also remember to vote and comment!

But I just want to touch on the Abusive past y/n had that we learned about in these past 3 chapters.

There are 2 ways to define abuse, there are many different variations, but they both lead to either being physical or verbal.

many different kinds of abuse that a person can go through include:

Key messages.
Physical abuse.
Domestic violence.
Sexual abuse.
Psychological or emotional abuse.
Financial or material abuse.
Modern slavery.
Discriminatory abuse.

(to learn more about mental and emotional abuse, you can check out this website: https://www.healthline.com/health/signs-of-mental-abuse#what-to-do )
(All the others you may look up yourselves on incognito mode)

These all are either physical or verbal.

Y/n has only been verbally abused by her father with mental and emotional abuse.

Many people will say stuff like : "Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry about it." Or "You're such a baby! Take a joke!" Or even "Stop being so over dramatic! You're fine!"

Just because it's verbal does not make it any less abusive.

If you are dealing with someone abusive, please get help and find your way to safety as soon as possible!

If it is physical abuse, please get out ASAP!

But even if it's a form of verbal abuse, that doesn't make it any less damaging. So please find help!

And if you have a friend or someone you know, please encourage them and help them to get help so they can feel good about themselves and be happy!

And remember: you are worthy, valid, loved, and cared for.

You deserve happiness and everything good. You deserve to live.

If you ever need someone to talk to, my messages are open and I'll gladly listen! You can even hit me up on Pinterest (mystiquewaters8) or Instagram (thoughts.unsaid13 or writers.plot.shop)

Please take care of yourselves and those around you!

Love you all! Stay safe out there!