Paparazzi

A week later, which was full of voicing and texts from Thomas (ok, maybe not a lot of texts, but definitely more than I expected!), I get a message from my friend who I had been getting close to at the voicing studio, Ember.

I look at it to see an article with a picture of when I had accidentally fallen onto Thomas' chest after tripping in that crowd of fangirls. "I didn't know you were dating Thomas Sangster!" Ember texts me.

I stare at the message confused. What? Dating Thomas? No way!

I look at the article again and read the headline: "Has Thomas Brodie-Sangster Got A New Girlfriend?"

My heart stopped.

I clicked the link and began to read the article.

It basically said that after stumbling into him at the mall, we gave each other a hug before finishing up there. One witness said that I would take him to my apartment once all of the fans had gotten pictures. Another fan had even caught us taking that selfie at the mall entrance.

Oh crap. Me and Thomas barely know each other! And that was all an act! That wasn't real! I didn't even live in London!

Why did these people care who we were dating anyway?

"No, Ember. We're not dating. It was just paparazzi taking a photo and misreading it. That was all an accident." I text her, trying to remain calm.

"If you say so..." She replied, making me roll my eyes.

Crap, has Thomas seen this yet?

I pull up his number and begin to call him, praying that he would answer.

5 rings later and I hear a deep British accent say: "Oh, hello love! How are you?"

"Have you seen the news?" I ask, cutting straight to the point.

"Um, no. I don't believe I have," He said, being really chill about it.

I tried to keep my heart rate down as I got my thoughts together. Wonder if he'd reacted as shocked as I had. Maybe even freak out more. Who knew?

Well, here goes nothing.

"Well, there's articles out that's we're a couple!" I explain to him, panic faintly laced in my voice.

So much for staying calm.

"I have a boyfriend, Thomas! He can't see this or else he'll flip!"

"Oh," Thomas says, a tinge of disappointment in his voice. "I'll just explain to everyone the mix up, it won't be a problem. I'm sorry for causing you the distress, love." My heart fluttered at the nickname, but I stopped myself. Justin. 3 year commitment. He's who has my heart.

"Ok, thanks for being so chill, Thomas. Talk to you later?" I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Course love! Goodbye!"

"Goodbye," and with that, he hung up.

I sigh and pop down on the couch. There! Problem solved, drama prevented! Go me! Now, let's memorize some lines...