Chapter Sixty-One: We, Them, Us

His POV

*door bells*

"Yes? Who's that?" I heard Alexia's voice just beyond the other side of the door.

"It's me cous." Sagot ni Jacob at tinakpan ng mukha niya ang buong butas ng pinto.🤦‍♂️

"Jeez ikaw nga! Kahit kailan talaga Cobby ang kulit.. mo.." She was so hyper at first but when she saw me she froze.

"J-johnny. I-it's you." She nervously said.

"Wait! It really is you! Shocks ba't ka nandito? Patay ako." Natatakot na sabi niya as if she realized something after getting over na nandito talaga ako.

"Don't worry cous, that man won't visit you until tomorrow afternoon right? Busy 'yon ngayon sorting things out, since it's been awhile na bumalik ka ng Pinas. Don't worry he won't surprise visit you tonight." Pagpakalma ni Jacob kay Alexia.

And that helps a lot. Kumalma nga siya kaso narealize niya ulit na nandito ako.

She tapped Jacob and they had this some sort of eye communication.

"Oh. Don't worry about him, he knows." Jacob said.

"Yea. Well, your cousin told me everything.. Or rather almost everything." Sabi ko and she shockingly look at Jacob again.

"P-pati kay s-sir?" I nodded.

"His plan?" I nodded again.

"Reason why I left?" I slowly nodded.

She sighed in defeat and bit her lip. She always had this mannerism whenever she's scared or nervous.

"P-pasok kayo. Ang lamig dito sa labas." And she let us in at pinaupo kami sa isang sofa.

"So.. *sad smile* I really am sorry Johnny." Panimula niya, still calling me 'Johnny' like she used to, years ago ..

"I really can't say it's okay..

Marie and I.. We.. We fought because of it. She thinks I'm still inlove with you." Mahinanong sabi ko, trying my best to calm down.

"Oh and, if it's okay with you Alexia. You uhm, can stop call me Johnny, and just call me Sejun instead." Dagdag ko.

If everything's sort out, and I hope it will, ayaw kong ma-misunderstand ni Marie ang detail na to.

I see the pain in her eyes. Good job Sejun, dalawang babae ang nasaktan mo ngayong gabi.

"I'll leave the two of you to talk. Nasa kwarto mo lang ako Xia ha." Jacob said and hugged Alexia.

Then, dumaan siya sakin and tapped my shoulder.

"I know you don't love her anymore but please don't be too harsh on her." He whispered, I just nodded and he went away upstairs, that is where Alexia's room, I think.

"So, Sejun.." Panimula niya.

"Wala na ba talaga?" She asked.. Almost begging.

I looked at her.

"Kahit katiting man lang na pagmamahal para saakin Jo--Sejun?" She bit her lip, trying herself not to cry.

I sighed and shook my head slowly.

"I'm really sorry Alexia. Tapos na tayo. We had our chapter done ages ago." I said in a sorry voice. She started crying. Di ata niya kayang pigilan yung luha niya.

"Ch-chapter? *scoffs* Fuck. I'm j-just a chapter in your life?" She sobs then looks away, sighed and shakes her head as if she cannot believe what I said.