Epilogue

Taehyung turned to look at the mirror, and Hoseok couldn’t help the gasp that he let out.

“Taehyungie...” Hoseok breathed, unable to look away from Taehyung even while the tailors hemmed and hawed around and made adjustments with the pins. “You look amazing.”

“I do, don’t I?” Taehyung said, and he smiled so wide it was almost blinding. Hoseok wished that he could kiss it off of him, but instead he just continued to sit in the chair by the mirrors.

“The Gucci is impeccable on you, sir,” the tailor said, and at this Taehyung looked embarrassed. He grimaced at the mirror, and Hoseok couldn’t help but laugh again. “We should be able to finish the last minute alterations, and have it sent to your address in the morning,” she continued, looking at Hoseok, who was footing the bill.

“Great. Thank you,” Hoseok said, and waited for Taehyung to get taken out of his suit and be able to join him on the ride home.

“I still wish you let me-” Taehyung began, but Hoseok knew exactly where he was going with this, and grabbed his arm instead.

“Don’t worry about it, Taehyungie, I already told you,” Hoseok said. “It’s my treat, and since you’re coming with me to an award show even though we’ve only been dating for a year-”

“Of course I came with you!” was Taehyung’s indignant reply, because even a year later he was ever the gentleman.

“I think it’s completely reasonable that I pay for your tuxedo. Especially since it’s Gucci. So please,” Hoseok leaned up to press a peck to Taehyung’s cheek, “let me.”

“Okay, hyung,” Taehyung grumbled. “But I’m paying for dinner.”

“That’s fine with me. Let’s get that fancy pizza that you like so much.”

“Anything for you.” Hoseok reached up to kiss him for real this time, just because he was so happy that Taehyung was here.

Nothing made him happier than having Taehyung visit, and since the major award shows were all in Seoul this year, they had decided that Taehyung could manage to go with him, which meant that they had longer to spend together since Hoseok wouldn’t be flying in and out of the country at dizzying speed.

They held hands all the way to the pizza place, and only stopped holding hands on the way back because Taehyung had to carry the box with both of them.

That night, Hoseok slept with Taehyung in his bed and was content.

“Taeyeon noona said that Tannie is doing well,” Taehyung said the next morning, laying mostly bare in Hoseok’s bed.

“Good,” Hoseok said, flopping down next to him. “Maybe next time I see him, he can meet Mickey too? That would be fine, right?”

“Ah, our kids meeting,” Taehyung said. “I guess it’s getting really serious.”

“Yeah,” Hoseok nuzzled in closer. “And your Gucci is at the front door, if you want to see it.”

Taehyung got up so fast Hoseok could swear he saw smoke billowing out from behind of him.

Taehyung knew it was going to be a long day, and yet he insisted on getting dressed right at that moment.

“You know we have to wait for the make-up artist noonas to come here?” Hoseok asked despite himself, appreciating watching Taehyung as he got dressed. He put on every piece of clothing like it was something unbearably precious.

“I just want to make sure I’m ready,” Taehyung said, though it was only ten in the morning. He smoothed a hand over his starched shirt, and Hoseok admired the way the red flowers contrasted with the black of his silk tuxedo.

Taehyung really did sit there in his suit all day, even if it had to be getting uncomfortable after a while. He didn’t complain once, and something about that made Hoseok so indescribably happy.

He could hardly believe that this was his life--that he could find happiness this bright in his limited time between schedules, that he could still visit Taehyung and have Taehyung visit him, and it was like they were never apart.

Hoseok’s normal styling team absolutely cooed at Taehyung, who grew flustered at all of the attention. Hoseok smiled at him encouragingly all through the process.

And then, once it was done, they got into the limo that Hoseok had rented together.

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” Hoseok asked once they got into the long arrival line at the venue. “This is your last chance to escape. After this, it won’t be private anymore.”

“I’m sure,” Taehyung said, and reached over to squeeze Hoseok’s hand.

The doors opened to flashing lights, and they walked into it together.

>>>>>>>>

This story is copyrighted to @moonsuns in Ao3.

DONE DONE AND DONE!

I have no patience when it comes to updating books SLOWLY cause that's just the kind of person that I am.

AND THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF THE BOOK "The Long and Winding Road"!!!

If y'all have any fanarts, you can send it in my gmail parksheru@gmail.com

Thanx for reading this book <33