Chapter 7

There were also tiny stairs leading up to the bed, and when Taehyung saw Hoseok looking at them, he explained, "Jungkook made those for Tannie, so I didn't have to keep carrying him up here."

"Oh, that's nice."

"Jungkookie is really talented."

Taehyung sighed. "Well, my side is the left, so you get the right. And I have plenty of pillows for our pillow barrier." He lifted them up, and handed one to Hoseok. "Time for bed."

"Yeah, time for bed," Hoseok said, and slipped under the sheets, and tried not to think about how this was the first time in a long, long time that he had shared a bed with another man. Especially not when it felt so domestic, with that man's dog also in his bed, and a huge bunch of pillows, just like Hoseok liked it.

Instead, he just forced himself to sleep, not knowing that Taehyung was on the other side of the pillow barrier, thinking the same thing.

----

The rest of the week went by in a flash, and Hoseok quickly figured out how desperately he had needed this.

Taehyung and Yeontan were great company, and Hoseok was starting to almost be sad that he was going to have to go to the Bed and Breakfast after all.

And then, Taehyung came to him when he was working in the winter garden.

The sprouts were starting to pop up nicely, and Hoseok enjoyed seeing how they managed to change a little bit each day. Now that he was better in the garden, Taehyung generally let him to it while he did other things.

But today, Taehyung came over to the garden. "So, I have good news and bad news," he said, sounding uncharacteristically serious.

"Just rip it off, like a bandaid," Hoseok told him.

"So the bad news is the renovations at the Bed and Breakfast aren't finished yet," Taehyung told him, and bit his lip. "But you can totally stay here for as long as you want!" he rushed to add, waving his arms around a bit frantically.

"Oh," Hoseok said, leaning back onto his heels. "That's not bad news then."

"It's not?"

He smiled at the way Taehyung asked that, as if he was amazed by the fact that Hoseok could consider him to be good company. "Not at all," Hoseok told him. "As long as I'm not imposing."

"You're definitely not, hyung. I promise. I'd tell you if you were."

"Alright, then, if you say so," Hoseok said, weirdly believing him. Maybe if Taehyung was anyone else, he wouldn't have believed him, but he'd spent a lot of time with Taehyung this week. He wouldn't lie about something like this. "What's the good news?"

"The good news is that to apologize, Seokjin hyung is going to make us dinner, and then we were all going to go to the bar in town to celebrate, and he, Namjoon hyung, and Jungkook were going to buy our drinks."

"Well that is good news."

"Definitely," Taehyung agreed, and he bent down to help Hoseok with the garden. Behind them, Yeontan yipped at something only he could see, and ran to chase it.

Every time Hoseok and Taehyung's hands brushed, Hoseok's heart lit up like Seoul at dusk. This was definitely a bad thing, but, Hoseok figured, it wouldn't last for too much longer anyway. Hoseok would take what he could, for now.

-------

There was no reason to, especially considering Taehyung was just wearing a t-shirt and baggy jeans, but Hoseok dressed up a little for their excursion into town. He had brought his tightest, darkest wash jeans and a black t-shirt that he usually wore to the clubs, so technically it fit with what Taehyung was wearing.