Chapter 14

Hoseok’s debut was embarrassing--he’s not scared to admit that. It had been way more hip-hop than he’d actually felt at the time, because that’s what the company thought would sell. It hadn’t. It was only when Hoseok himself had started being more involved with the process--because he’d had to be, his company had stopped investing as much time and money into him after his first three mediocre comebacks, that he had finally started to find success.

Hoseok always felt weird about watching himself on screen, and it’s especially weird since Taehyung’s wifi froze up at weird times, and the video player caught him at some weird expressions.

“Hyung,” Taehyung breathed, maybe halfway through their marathon, “you’re really cool.”

“Why do you sound so shocked?” Hoseok asked, already laughing at the indignation on Taehyung’s face.

“I always tell you’re cool! And handsome! And you are! I mean, look at that!”

“That is definitely me,” Hoseok said.

“Ugh, hyung, you don’t get it. But I’m definitely your fan now. And there’s nothing you can do about that, at least.”

“My fan, huh.”

“Yep! I would have been even if we hadn’t watched all of these, but now that I have...I’m a fan. You’re just so...you look so good when you’re dancing, and you really look like you’re enjoying yourself, and you’re so...” Taehyung trailed off, before flopping down over Hoseok, as if he couldn’t contain yourself. “I like you a lot, hyung,” he said finally. He pressed his lips against Hoseok’s neck, and the pressure was a bit cold since he had just finished eating a popsicle.

Hoseok shivered, and allowed himself to appreciate Taehyung’s weight on him, before finally pushing him off. “We still have twelve more of these to finish,” Hoseok told him, though he was still thinking about Taehyung’s lips on his neck, about I like you a lot, hyung.

“Okay,” Taehyung sighed, and they focused back on the screen.

------

When it was dark, and they had finally finished watching Hoseok’s music videos--and some of his performances, and even a variety show that he had been on, even though Hoseok had cringed at watching this much of his own content after a while, but Taehyung had asked--it was time for dinner, but neither of them were hungry.

“You know what’s something that you haven’t showed me around here?” Hoseok asked, once they let Yeontan outside to do his business.

“What?”

“The sky.” At Taehyung’s head tilt, he continued, “The first time we met, you told me that the stars at night are beautiful here and that they’re ‘better than anything I’d see in the city.’”

“Well they are,” Taehyung said. “But yeah, hyung, let’s go and look at the stars! I think that’s a really good idea.”

Taehyung went back inside and grabbed the blanket on the couch that they had been sitting on, and grabbed Hoseok’s wrist to tug him along. Hoseok took a deep breath, and threaded their fingers together.

Taehyung didn’t even skip a beat, just kept walking as he talked about the field that he was taking Hoseok to, but Hoseok saw his small smile.

Taehyung let go only to spread the blanket out of them, which Yeontan immediately ran out to sit on.

“No, Tannie, let me lay down next to hyung,” Taehyung told him, picking Yeontan up and putting him on his other side.

Hoseok laughed at the entire scene, rolling onto his stomach to look at Taehyung scolding his dog.