Epilogue

It was four years later when the inhabitants of 184 heard the roar of rocket engines.

Ateez had been scattered across the villages when they all heard it.

"He's back!" Wooyoung shot up from his seat, giggling and jumping around. He and San had moved in together a few months after the war, though they still lived very close by to Yeosang and Mingi for Jongho's sake.

"Sweetheart, did you hear that?" San ran into their work room, a huge smile on his face.

"Of course! Day off time!" Wooyoung grabbed his coat, swiping up San's hand and sprinting out the door. They both figured the ship would land near the memorial glade, which had become a field of Atinyan flowers.

It seemed that Yeosang and Seonghwa had the same idea.

"Hey! How's the kids?" Wooyoung ran up and gave Yeosang a small hug, which the other quickly returned. Ever since the war ended Yeosang had been teaching some of the local kids. He'd essentially become a school teacher, and it bought him a peacefulness that kept his demons at bay.

Yeosang and Seonghwa had also adopted a kid of their own.

She was about five when the war happened and was orphaned as a result.

So Yeosang decided to take her in, and soon after Seonghwa began raising her with him.

"Good, and guess who's with us today." Seonghwa smiled as a small child came running towards Wooyoung.

Wooyoung fell to the ground as Jongho launched at him.

"Jesus hello to you too." Wooyoung laughed Jongho practically squeezed the life out of him. "Hey, hey, hey, ease up kiddo."

"Sorry Papa..." Jongho let Wooyoung go, helping Wooyoung up. "It's Dada Hongjoong in the ship, isn't it?" He asked, pointing to the sky. As Jongho had grown older, his strength only grew with him. He could now easily lift entire trees, and destroy houses. Yet Ateez had done their best to teach him to control it. As he'd grown up his hair also began to change colours depending on the season. Now, due to the fact it was almost winter, his hair was a startling red at the tips and a pure white everywhere else.

The ship landed, exactly where Wooyoung thought it would.

"Mingi isn't here..." Yeosang pouted, seemingly not surprised. And neither was Wooyoung.

"Who said I wasn't here?" There was a warm feeling that swelled through Wooyoung's chest as Mingi pulled the both of them in a hug.

The years had rather changed all five of them, too.

Yeosang had gone through the best change out of all three of them. Seeing as Sunmi wasn't one of the human traitors, she'd been allowed to remain on the planet. Since then she'd been providing psychology to all those who suffered from PTSD after the losses of the war.

Thankfully, she'd arranged to meet Yeosang every week.

Since he'd started working through his traumas and setting 'mental health goals' Yeosang had gotten significantly better. He was a lot less cold, and his emotions were able to show a lot easier now. He even initiated hugs now. And often, if Wooyoung was being honest. Yeosang had also begun to wear more casual clothes, in contrast to his old ripped singlets and jeans. Even now he was wearing a pair of thick cloth pants and a huge grey sweater Mingi had knitted him about a year ago.