Plans

Everything hurt.

Yeosang couldn't even explain how much pain his body was in.

But not on the surface.

All his pain rested in his veins, his chest and his heart. His eyes were scorched with the image of Seonghwa slipping away, of blood soaking his skin.

"Seong...hwa?" Yeosang croaked out, throat dry. His eyes slowly forced open to be met with San and Pistachio staring at him.

"Hey, I am glad your awake." San gently brushed Yeosang's hair away from his forehead. There was a remaining redness around San's eyes, and a stain of grief to his cheeks. San helped Yeosang sit up slowly, and Yeosang only then realised their were at Byeongkwan's house.

"Where's Seonghwa?" Yeosang's voice was scratchy, and each word hurt. But he had to know if Seonghwa was ok.

But San still didn't answer.

"You need a drink, right? Here." A cup was eased into Yeosang's hands, and he begrudgingly drank it all.

"Seonghwa." Yeosang was glad to find his voice returning to normal. "Where is he?"

"He's... not in good shape." San finally said, shifting so Yeosang could see a still sleeping Seonghwa. Yeosang couldn't see what the problem was. There wasn't a single visible injury, and he only looked to be sleeping. "He won't wake up."

"What?" Yeosang was alert now, scrambling to get out of the bed of fabrics and to Seonghwa. He seemed so peaceful. Yet Yeosang touched the back of his hand to Seonghwa's head and jolted back from the feverish heat. "Shit, the wound is likely infected. Get me a rag and bowl of water now." San went off after Yeosang finished speaking.

He'd seen this countless times before.

Yeosang lifted Seonghwa's shirt again, shocked. The outer layer of skin was healed, yet those sickly colours still flowed below the surface. And beyond that, so faint it would go unnoticed unless it was known to be there, was a faint yellow tinge.

Definitely infected.

Yeosang knew how to fix this, the problem was that he didn't know if he'd be allowed. Ateez had entered the room by that point, and Yeosang was dragged back slightly as Wooyoung hugged him.

"Jesus Christ Yeosang you scared me!" Wooyoung was crying, badly. So Yeosang allowed himself a moment to give his family a hug before San got back. They'd all evidently been crying, and Yeosang felt tears well in his own eyes.

"What the Hell happened?" Mingi finally asked, but Yeosang shook his head.

"Seonghwa comes first." Just as the words left Yeosang's mouth, San rushed over with what Yeosang requested. Yeosang then pulled a rather thick needle from his waistband, placing it in the water for a moment.

"It is the poison, it partially repels magic. I can't get it out." San explained frantically.

"Who's the least squeamish?" Yeosang turned to look at everyone. If it were anyone else who was hurt like this, he would have chosen San. Yet he couldn't expect San to watch what was about to happen to his brother. So Yeosang stared at Wooyoung. "Woo, ring out the rag and place it over Seonghwa's forehead. Now, I need you to keep him still. If he moves it could go really badly. And keep track of his fever for me too."

"Got it." Wooyoung kneeled close to Seonghwa's head. Yeosang then turned to everyone else in the room.

"If any of you get grossed out easily, leave." Yeosang then focussed all his attention to Seonghwa. He only had the one cloth, so he removed his shirt and had it at the ready.