Understandings

In the week it took Yeosang to recover, the boy had become quickly frustrated. His entire life, he'd never had to sit and do... nothing, for days. He felt better! Yet he'd only just been able to get out of bed without Hongjoong nagging him. Seriously, he was like their father. Or... so Yeosang had been led to understand. But when he was finally able to leave the complex, Yeosang immediately found himself at Moonbyul and Solar's house. The squeak of the front door alerted whoever was inside of his presence, and immediately Yeosang spotted Moonbyul poke her head around the corner.

"Yeosang? Come and sit down!" She led him to their hammock/couch, sitting him down and making sure he was comfortable. "What are you doing up? I thought you had to rest."

"I wanted to come thank you, and get some advice maybe..?" Yeosang felt embarrassed to ask for advice, voice still monotonous but eyes darting away from Moonbyul.

"Well, advice is something I am happy to give." Moonbyul gave Yeosang a woven, fluffy blanket, making sure he was comfortable. She'd visited Yeosang every single day with Solar, both bringing food and kind words to make sure Yeosang didn't feel lonely, so he didn't feel too nervous to talk to her about what had been troubling him. "But it seems you might need a cup of, ah... tea first." Moonbyul waited for Yeosang to nod in agreement before walking in the direction of what Yeosang assumed to be the kitchen, returning moments later with a seemingly handmade clay-like mug. "So what did you want to ask about?"

"When I was sick, some things happened and I'm not quite sure what to think about it..." Yeosang tried to sort out his thoughts, remembering how Mingi told him about Seonghwa helping take him to Chungha, and wanting to stay by Yeosang's side before being driven out by NCT because they remembered everything they'd been told about Seonghwa and Yeosang's interactions with one another. "When I passed out, Seonghwa helped me. And he wanted to stay with me. But he hates me. Right? He said horrible things to me and was honestly a nightmare to be around. But now he wants to help me... and I don't get it. I said and did my fair share of regrettable things, but I've never apologised. So why would he be nice to me now? And then he suddenly started waving at me when I walk past. Did something happen I was unaware of..?" Yeosang rambled quietly, shocked when Moonbyul actually heard every word. She seemed to be deep in thought for a moment, a bright smile forming over her face as she thought of her answer.

"I know Seonghwa can be very confusing at times, trust me I know. But he's never been one to let people know what he's thinking, not usually. But don't become stressed with his behaviour. It's not as though he's trying to lure you into a false sense of security or something. He's just... not good at this kind of thing. So just go with it?" Moonbyul suggested, a smile forming over her lips as Yeosang nodded in understanding. The tea tasted almost like lollipops, and while it was strange Yeosang found himself having another sip.

"I just don't know what bought this on..."

"Honey," Moonbyul gently ruffled Yeosang's hair, an action so kind Yeosang actually didn't flinch away for once, "seeing someone almost die in front of you, it's going to make you see certain things differently." Moonbyul spoke softly, a small smile forming over her lips. Yeosang realised then that she was right, and that he was probably overthinking things. Over the few weeks that the humans had landed on planet 187, the relationships the previous team destroyed had begun to slowly repair, with Hyungwon knowing many Atiny from his childhood that remembered not all humans were bad. Yet still many were weary of Yeosang, not that he blamed them. He didn't exactly give the best first impression, and he wanted to try fix what he'd messed up.

"You're right..." Yeosang felt his eyebrows pull together, an act that made Moonbyul smile. The two sat in comfortable silence after that, the tea soothing the slight pain in Yeosang's throat with every sip he took.