Goodbyes

Wooyoung just stared for what felt like forever.

Yunho's body was gaunt, and thin. It was as though his soul itself had been sapped away.

All that remained was a husk of the boy they all cared for.

A jolt coursed over Wooyoung's body as San unexpectedly grabbed his hand.

"Mingi?" Hongjoong walked over, no sense of apprehension apparent on his face. "Are you ok?"

It was clear that Hongjoong realised how silly that question was immediately after it left his lips.

"He needs to be outside." Mingi said softly, though it didn't seem directed at any of them. Yet when Mingi stood, his feet didn't touch the ground.

Instead, he floated about a foot above the concrete.

Yunho's lifeless body was cradled lovingly in Mingi's arms. The warmth seemed to drain from the room as Mingi left, floating out of the dome as the golden shield began to flicker and fall apart.

"Fuck follow him!" Hongjoong pushed Yuii and Wooyoung out of the entrance, grabbing Yoojin's arm and pulling her out too before the walls collapsed. Wooyoung, having held San's hand the whole time, looked back to check if he was alright.

Yet as he looked into San's eyes he saw complete nothingness.

He'd been through so much over the span of a few days. And Wooyoung didn't know how to comfort him. All he could do was pull San close as they walked and wrap an arm around his waist in a half hug, hoping he could pull San through this.

Because hope was all he had at this point.

Mingi floated over to the door, which had since locked shut.

"I can open that again." Yoojin went to put in the code, but was pulled back by Yuii. The Atiny woman then used her body to shield Yoojin as Mingi lifted a hand and instantly blew up the door as his fingertip made contact with the metal. Thankfully Mingi had the sense to prevent the shards from hurting any of them.

"T-Thank you." Yoojin looked up at Yuii with bright eyes, and Wooyoung felt his brow furrowed in confusion. Yoojin never faltered like that. Never.

Yeosang, Yeonjun and Seonghwa all looked up at the noise.

"What the fuck?" Yeonjun went to touch Mingi, but was immediately pulled back by Hongjoong.

"Nope, I wouldn't do that. We don't know what's happening with him right now. All we know is he wants to take Yunho outside." Hongjoong then helped Yeosang and Seonghwa to their feet. As they all walked behind Mingi down those dark hallways Wooyoung noticed Hongjoong walk behind everyone. It was clear he was trying to protect them all as best he could, even though he had the least combat training.

The guilt had finally started to set in.

Yunho must have died in the compound, and it clearly wasn't a quick death.

Wooyoung was in the same building when Yunho had died.

If he'd just... looked for him... if he'd been more worried when San mentioned how Yunho was missing... he could have saved him.

"Wooyoung it is not your fault." San gently pressed a hand to Wooyoung's cheek, forcing their gazes to meet. "I know you will blame yourself, but do not. The one at fault was likely Mingi's father."

"It was." Mingi said. It had been the first time they'd managed to get him to talk. "He found out I loved Yunho, and he decided to take the love of my life away from me. It's my fault for not protecting him well enough, too."