Discoveries

This is a bop, and A.C.E are sadly underrated...

The air in the room was somewhat stuffy as all the leaders of each team sat around the small table. The Captain had decided that they had to meet and discuss their findings about the Atiny and their relations.

"Ok, time to start." Taeyong declared, causing everyone to retain silence.

That just kept going...

No one knew quite what they were supposed to do...

"Uh, I'll start?" Jaebum asked, letting out a chuckle when everyone else nodded enthusiastically. "Well, our crops are growing well. Jinyoung saved these two Atiny kids from the Leechaiyapornchul village, Bambam and Yugyeom, so they've been helping us out as much as they can. Yet their leader, Ten, was wondering if NCT would eventually join us. Jackson vaguely explained why, but could you please enlighten me, Taeyong?" Jaebum smirked, wiggling his eyebrows and causing Taeyong to flush deeply. Taeyong fiddled with the necklace Ten had given him before an evil smirk took place on his lips.

"Only if you tell me why Jinyoung was wearing a turtleneck for the past few days." Taeyong laughed when Jaebum spluttered. Shownu looked as though he feared he would be next, as Kihyun wasn't subtle about their relationship.

"Hey guys! We're supposed to be productive!" Irene exclaimed, appearing like a mother caring for disobedient children.

"Sorry..." Taeyong muttered, in time with Jaebum.

"Anyway... how is defence going?" Jihyo asked Taeyong, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"Very well actually. The Manoban people have been welcoming enough, and after speaking to Wheein, Lalisa seemed a lot more calm. And her wife's very kind. Though they have been telling us one of the cursed children went missing..." Hongjoong gulped. "The cursed children are those with heterochromia. Apparently they're different from the general population for more than just their eye colour, but Lalisa refused to tell us why. So unfortunately they kill the kids if their eyes don't change by 13 months old. And one of them was tied to a tree, to be left to the elements, but when the guards came to check on him the baby was gone and the rope had been cut by a knife. They searched everywhere but couldn't find the kid, so they're pretty tense right now." Taeyong explained, the conversation drifting to that issue while Hongjoong quietly mulled over the information in his head. Obviously it was Jongho, there was no doubt about that. And Hongjoong had now more drastically realised just how detrimental it could be for their Atiny relations if news of him saving Jongho got out. But what did they mean? What was so different about the baby he'd saved?

Was he dangerous?

Hongjoong was beginning to grow worried, but firmly shook his head. He had taken responsibility for Jongho, and no matter what happened he would never give up on the kid. Ateez would care for him from now on, and that wasn't going to change no matter what other things they learned about Jongho along the way. The meeting continued without Hongjoong having to speak, until eventually his input was wanted.

"My team have been doing alright I think. We've each made friends with the Atiny, and we're all learning in our own way. I can't speak for the Manoban people, but the Ahn village is a very peaceful place. No one has had an intense issue with any of us, including Yeosang, and honestly we have Hyungwon to thank for that. Mingi also took a slight interest in Atiny magic over the past week, and has began to learn more about it through Yunho, information I will share when I receive it." Hongjoong again tried to sound confident, but speaking in front of so many people, even if he knew them, made him unspeakably nervous, like a stormy ocean had taken place of his stomach.

"Ok, before this meeting is concluded I would like to ask that if anyone has information regarding the missing child to speak up. If we can lessen the stress of the Manoban and, again unfortunately, return the child it would greatly help with the bond between us and them." Taeyong requested, earning a chorus of assurances, one less enthusiastic than the others. Hongjoong, after chatting with Shownu for a short while about how each of their teams were doing, made his way back to Ateez's room, not surprised to see Wooyoung dangling a rattle before Jongho, the baby giggling as he tried to reach it. Yeosang was quietly reading a book, The Hunger Games Catching Fire, with his legs curled beneath him on the plush armchair in the corner of their room, slightly frowning as usual as he, almost delicately, flipped the page every now and again. And Mingi was... not there. Assuming he was with Yunho, which was highly likely considering what he'd been up to recently, Hongjoong didn't think much of it and sat beside Wooyoung, gently taking Jongho into his arms while Wooyoung still dangled the rattle just beyond his reach. Little Jongho giggled, still the cutest sound ever, as he reached again. And Wooyoung laughed as well, while a small smile tugged at Yeosang's lips as he observed the scene before him. And Hongjoong realised.