Surprises

Yeosang jolted from the interesting life of Katniss Everdeen when the door burst open, Wooyoung and Hongjoong being the reason for the disturbance. Mingi had eventually fallen asleep the night before, surprisingly managing to finish that dictionary and re-read some sections. For Yeosang, however, sleep once again evaded him. Unconsciousness for Yeosang was unlike most people's deep calming oceans, and was instead as unpredictable as the shore during a storm. While most people gently floated through sleep and dreams, Yeosang's tended to only lightly brush against his mind, drawing out and awakening him as rapidly as it had washed up. And it was against a backdrop of dark storm clouds and lightning rather than a pale blue or startling sunset. Yeosang's sleep was plagued and uneven, just as it was every night. Hongjoong went over to the sleeping Mingi, the boy mumbling incoherently from both sleepiness and the tape covering his mouth.

He woke up rather quickly when Hongjoong tore the tape off.

"We have breakfast for you two!" Hongjoong placed down containers, ones that heated the food stored inside. "Did Mingi finish reading?" Yeosang nodded once and moved to get food, taking one of the containers and, again, retreating to the outskirts of the makeshift sitting area. The rich scent of bacon and eggs wafted to Yeosang's nose, evoking the hunger gnawing at his stomach and urging him to eat. But, as per usual, Yeosang waited for Mingi to begin eating first out of deep-rooted habit. Conversation drifted through Yeosang's mind as he ate. Apparently, Hongjoong had enlisted the help of two NCT members, Yuta and Winwin, to cook breakfast for all the teams in the compound, including Twice and Red Velvet (I forgot to mention the girl groups sorry), who most of Ateez hadn't met.

Except Wooyoung...

And afterwards, while both Wooyoung and Hongjoong were getting changed, Wonho had broken into the compound to find Hyungwon and ended up lost, accidentally stumbling into a very awkward situation. But Wooyoung and Hongjoong brushed it off and invited Wonho in, chatting while they got ready to go. And now they were here, rambling and not allowing Mingi, who was pouting and appearing like a fish with the way he opened and closed his mouth, to finally talk.

"That was a very enthralling story Hongjoong, you'd make a great raconteur." Mingi said as Hongjoong finally finished his story, earning confused looks from everyone.

"A what now?" Wooyoung said, a frown creasing his brow.

"Raconteur, someone good at telling stories. It's in the dictionary. And, truly, I found reading it absolutely fascinating." Mingi still sounded like his usual silly self, but was using much different words than he usually would. "I learned so many cool words. For example you, Yeosang, are rather quiescent, which means you're quiet and soft-spoken. While Wooyoung is rather strident, loud, in the way he speaks. And Hongjoong is, as I said, a raconteur." Mingi laughed at their shock, making a half circle motion with his hands, "Words."

"This," Wooyoung indicated to Mingi, "Is your responsibility."

"What do you mean!?" Mingi yelled indignantly, only to be promptly ignored.

"I personally think it's cool Mingi learned old words." Hongjoong said, not sounding quite sure of his words, as he pat Mingi on the shoulder.

"Thanks..." Mingi clearly didn't know weather to feel complimented or not, his eyes narrowed on Hongjoong.

"Just, don't go overboard..."

"I wont, I promise!" Yeosang quietly finished his breakfast, pondering what he'd do that day. His mind slowly filtered through the possibilities before settling on a memory from the day before. Hongjoong handed him a change of clothes; ripped jeans, a jacket and a torn tank top, which he traded for his plain black jeans and tank top.