"Fake Love"

Wooyoung was faced with a dilemma.

It was the day after the Atiny love day, and he was only just realising the weight of his actions. He'd just confessed... to San. And he couldn't back out.

Wooyoung started screaming.

"Jesus Christ! Wooyoung what's wrong?" Hongjoong came in to see Wooyoung sitting bolt upright with a look of horror over his face. Wooyoung couldn't stop panicking.

"I did a stupid!"

"Wooyoung." Yeosang came in and swiftly placed a hand over the early morning banshee's mouth, clearly annoyed. The usual dark bags below Yeosang's eyes now held more weight, pulling his whole face into an exhausted grimace. "I heard what you did. It's really not that bad. Please be quiet." Yeosang sighed and left, not disclosing where he got the information from.

"Look, I don't know what's happened, but whatever it is can not be enough to wake everyone this early. So just... panic quietly." Hongjoong then followed Yeosang. Wooyoung, still completely lost, got up and walked out of the house. The chill of the early winter air clung to Wooyoung's body as he simply wandered, needing to clear his head.

He might have just gotten himself killed.

Because if his father heard of this...

Wooyoung was terrified.

'Songbirds' twittered between themselves, singing happily as the sun gently rose up from the horizon. Blood rose to Wooyoung's cheeks, casting a gently rouge upon his nose and cheeks, reaching up to his ears. His thin silk pyjamas did nothing to fight the cold, chilling him to the core. Sun brightly kissed his skin, casting stark shadows over his skin.

San was honestly worth any risk Wooyoung was to take. But as per usual, cruel thoughts invaded Wooyoung's mind. He wasn't special, nor was he in any way good enough for a kindhearted beauty like San. In fact, he wasn't worth a lot in his own eyes. He'd made mistakes, and he'd ended up broken and incomplete. So why would he let San potentially risk his life for someone worth almost nothing?

He regretted his selfishness.

But he couldn't take it back.

So what now?

He was now cursed by his own selfishness in a way he was unable to reverse. He cared about San, more than he ever thought possible. So he wanted to protect him. But he wanted to keep San close. Let San know he was cared for and that Wooyoung would do anything for him. So does he address what's happened, or ignore it. Either way there was a risk involved for San. Either he would be targeted by the Captain, or he would be heartbroken.

But if Wooyoung broke his heart, he technically would break their promise and they'd both lose part of their life.

He couldn't think this through on his own.

So Wooyoung quickly changed his path and walked back home, knowing where to go now. He quickly walked upstairs, pretending he didn't notice Yunho wearing pyjamas that were undoubtedly Mingi's, and rushed into the last room down the hallway.

Yeosang looked thoroughly unamused.

He was cleaning his knives, looking almost peaceful before Wooyoung had burst into the room. Quickly Wooyoung grabbed his own weapons, he'd left them with Yeosang so they were safe, and joined him.

"You look lost." Yeosang stated plainly. Wooyoung thought for a moment, structuring his sentences so he wouldn't stuff them up.

"I confessed to San. But we kind of just let the topic drop. So I don't know what we are, but I also don't know if dating is a good idea. But I know I want to try a relationship with him. Yeosang, I really care about him. More than anyone I've ever fallen for. I want to protect him, but doesn't that mean I should stay away? You've met my dad, he would kill me, then him. So I should stay away from him. But he's also going to get hurt if I reject him, especially now. I don't know what to do..." Wooyoung sighed in exasperation, checking his knife was still sharp. Yeosang, again, looked exhausted and sick of Wooyoung's stupidity.