Past [TW]

Ok so heads up here, this chapter is pretty much solely based around Yeosang and Seonghwa. One of them, and I think we all know who, has a pretty complex character for me to write and portray to the best of my ability, and I wanted to get all of the elements of this part right. So for my first point I got a few trigger warnings, but they all centre around the same section, so I'll just put the proper warning later. Secondly I'm sorry if you wanted a bunch of Yungi and Woosan because you'll have to wait til next chapter. Thirdly, I really hope you enjoy this chapter!

Yeosang was walking quietly through the Atiny village, needing time to himself. Seonghwa approached carefully, knowing Yeosang was stressed and worried from his tensed stance alone.

"Are you ok?" Seonghwa asked calmly, not expecting when Yeosang nodded silently and kept walking, looking slightly shocked when Seonghwa followed close behind. They didn't talk, not even a word, but Seonghwa felt like Yeosang might need someone despite what he'd indicated. With Yeosang not wearing a jacket like usual, his arms were bare and visible to the world. An almost uncountable amount of scars covered his skin. He clearly didn't notice the way Seonghwa reeled in shock when his gaze settled on the sight. Even Seonghwa didn't have that many scars, only a few obvious ones.

No one Seonghwa had ever seen held that many scars on their body.

But Yeosang didn't seem to be ashamed of them any longer, a fact that Seonghwa was glad for.

"Today, can we stop... trying? Just for today, I'll be Seonghwa, and you'll be Yeosang. Nothing more, nothing less." Seonghwa gently asked, shocked again when Yeosang agreed.

"Where do you want to start?" Yeosang asked evenly, all light Seonghwa had seen previously lost from his eyes in the most tragic way.

"I want to do cooking with you. I know you're great at it, so that's my idea." Seonghwa smiled, desperate to put that shine back. It took no time for them to arrive at Seonghwa's house, no one else home at that time. Seonghwa led Yeosang to the kitchen, pulling out a stool and gently making him sit.

"What're we making?" Yeosang asked, eyes locked on Seonghwa. He didn't answer straight away, gathering the ingredients before laying his palms on the bench and smiling.

"Atiny pasta!" Seonghwa handed Yeosang a knife and instructed him on how to cut the vegetables. "Apparently it's sort of like spaghetti or whatever it's called in Earthen."

"Spaghetti's good. Why are we cooking though?" There was a pause, and Seonghwa grappled for an answer. He couldn't exactly say that the reason he was cooking with Yeosang is because the first time he saw Yeosang smile was when he was making desserts with Moonbyul.

"You might be hungry..." Seonghwa excused lamely, not really committed to the answer. Yeosang nodded, and continued chopping the vegetables silently. "After this do you wanna decide what to do?"

"Not really. You seem to have a plan." Yeosang shrugged, seeming so lost. Seonghwa hated it. He wanted the boy from weeks before, who giggled and smiled like a child and held this perfect sparkle to his eyes. But this shell of a person before him was almost terrifying in how broken he was. "I'm tired..."

"Once we finish this would you like a nap or something?" Seonghwa then realised just how... nagging he sounded. He subconsciously winced, trying to think of a way to salvage the situation. But as he was about to speak Yeosang looked him in the eye. They were so... cold. And empty. Like his entire soul had been stripped away.

"Not outside. I'm tired inside." Yeosang offered a weak smile before his gaze lazily swept back to the bench. The sight was heartbreaking, despite their past aggressions. So Seonghwa let Yeosang cook with him in peace, rarely speaking and allowing Yeosang to relax on his own. Meanwhile, Seonghwa's own mind was racing with possible ways to bring up Yeosang's mood. He was dedicated to making Yeosang happy at the moment, and that was strange for him.