Chapter 8

"Get away from me." Momo holds the cross in front of her, her eyes round and wide, hands trembling in fear.

Jeongyeon touches her wrist. "Uh Momo?" She clears her throat, "That works only on vampires. And I'm pretty sure Minari is not a zombie."

Momo doesn't pull her hand away as she stares at Mina who's walking towards them with a limp in her gait. "Do you not see the bite marks on her neck?" She whispers to Jeongyeon.

"Do you not see Nayeon walking behind her with a dopey grin on her face?"

Momo's eyes becomes rounder when she realizes what Jeongyeon has just implied.

Dahyun pulls another cotton shorts and shirt from the cupboard sighing to herself, "She owned such a big place and yet made fashion choices like a bum!"

"Yeah don't let Sana hear you say that!" Chaeyoung chuckles.

"Hear what?" Sana appears at the door to the bedroom.

Dahyun gulps visibly. "How hot I think you are!" She spits it out in one word, scared for her feet.

Sana smiles. "I'd like to hear that." She throws a wink behind her shoulder as she leaves. "Often."

Mina blends the peanuts into a fine paste, but her face falls a little when she realizes they have no bread to put it on.

"It's fine." Nayeon's eyes twinkle as she slowly licks the peanut butter from the spoon and Mina bites her bottom lips as she feels a low heat spread between her legs. "I can eat it like this."

Nayeon pouts when a smack lands on the back of her head.

"Mina won't survive another day of you treating her like an all you can eat buffet." Jihyo shrugs.

Mina looks away from the dark eyes staring at her with a shy smile on her face.

"We need to make a list of food items that we should bring back." Tzuyu takes a spoonful of the peanut paste and shoves it down her throat. "So we don't take too much time at the spot."

"How about each one of us suggest food with longer shelf life?" Jeongyeon perches herself on one of the chairs around the wooden Victorian dining table. "So you don't have to scavenge for food often."

Jihyo scribbles on a paper she's found in the office as everyone lists out names of food items.

"Rice and pasta." Sana insists, "They have the longest shelf life as far as I know."

Jihyo notes it down.

"Jellybeans." Momo squeals.

Jihyo pretends to note it down.

"Should we wake Dahyun and Chaeyoung and ask what they want?" Sana throws a sidewards glance towards the bedroom.

Tzuyu shakes her head. "Not if you want Dahyun to insult your family again."

Sana slaps her arm.

"Ketchup." Nayeon declares, taking another spoonful of peanut butter.

"Sauces would be in an entirely different section of the supermarket." Jihyo narrows her eyes at the older girl. "We are going to make the list in a way you wouldn't have to visit more than two aisles."

Nayeon nods but Jihyo is a little suspicious of the innocence she sees on that face.

"Milk." Mina's quiet voice says. "Even if we run out of food, it'll give us all the nutrients we need."

Jihyo writes it on the list.

"What about underwear?" Sana queries, "We'll need another set. We won't need clothes though, we can manage with what we have even though they are all oversized."

"And ugly." Jeongyeon mutters under her breath, staring at the reindeer jumper she's wearing.

Soon they've made a list of foods like rice, pasta, dried beans, canned meat and cereals.

"Don't make noise, don't draw attention to yourselves." Jihyo demands.

Nayeon nods her head obediently.

"Come back alive." Mina looks up at Nayeon, her lips tilted in a down curve, hand lingering on the taller girl's arm, concern filling her eyes.

Nayeon leans down and rests their forehead together.

"This is so cute." Momo swoons.

A giggle escapes Nayeon's lips. "I can see your boobs from here."

Mina blushes but doesn't pull away.

Momo gapes.

Jihyo plants another smack to the back of Nayeon's head and peels her away from Mina.

"We can't carry all this and outrun the undead." Tzuyu scratches her cheek as she takes a look at the long list in her hand.

"We won't be carrying it." Nayeon grins as she pulls her into the dark basement and turns on the switch.

Tzuyu gasps as the lights flicker on, flooding the basement with its brilliant, warm glow, bouncing back on the shiny metallic surfaces of  brand new cars and motorbikes.

"She was a nutcase alright." Nayeon says and looks around for Sana with panicked eyes. She relaxes when she's sure she's not in the basement. "Loony enough to collect getaway vehicles for every kind of apocalypse out there."

Tzuyu sighs dreamily. "Which baby are we taking?"

Nayeon pulls the cover on a vehicle in the middle of all the cars and motorbikes.

A tall and majestic black Conquest Knight XV stands there in all its muscular strength and glorious beauty.

"Did you not ask them to not draw attention to themselves?"  Jeongyeon stares at something from the window on the first floor.

Jihyo joins her side from where she hears In da club floating into the house despite the bullet proof windows.

"If she comes back alive, I'm going to kill her." She announces when she sees Nayeon and Tzuyu bopping their heads to the music blaring from the speakers and the zombies running from all directions towards the truck.

The tyres screech loudly as Nayeon revs the engine up and spins the truck creating a cloud of dust around it.

"Go shorty it's your birthday." She pulls the window down, points her baseball bat at an undead and sings to him.

"Yep, definitely going to kill her." Jihyo declares.