Chapter 7

Mina dries her hair, having washed them out of the dust and dirt in the shower. She throws her underwear in the laundry, slips on a long white shirt to cover her naked body and opens the door to the bedroom she's sharing with Nayeon.

There's an unusual silence in the room which is strange because whenever Nayeon is in a place it's always noisy.

Her heart begins to pound loudly in its chest and she picks up the baseball bat Nayeon has left resting against the wall.

"Nayeon-chan." Mina exclaims as she steps into the bedroom from the doorway.

She swings the weapon in her hand when arms reach for her from behind and the wooden bat comes into contact with a head.

"Oh my god!!" Her hand automatically covers her  mouth as she realizes who the person writhing in pain on the floor is. "I'm so sorry."

She's at her side immediately, stroking Nayeon's hair away from her face. Watery dark eyes meet soft brown eyes filled with worry and concern.

Mina sees Nayeon blinking back her tears only for her gaze to linger subtly on her lips. She feels a sharp pull in her stomach.

"I am really sorry !" She clears her throat and reaches out to clutch Nayeon's hand, pulling her up on her feet. She tenderly strokes her head when she's on eye level, her brows furrowing when she catches a glimpse of a tiny bump that's beginning to show.

"I'm fine, don't worry." Nayeon stutters, flashing a devastatingly charming toothy grin at the younger girl.

The grin disappears quickly when Mina's hand rubs soothing circles on her head and she grimaces with pain.

"I'm going to find some ice." Mina pushes her gently into a chair. "Please try to sit still, you might have a concussion."

She rushes to the kitchen, past Dahyun and Chaeyoung, their vigilant eyes trained on the door and windows.

She retrieves an ice pack from the fridge and scurries past the pair in the living room who don't give more than a curious glance her way.

"Do you think foreplays involve ice?" Chaeyoung contemplates as she stares at Mina's retreating form.

Dahyun shrugs. "I wouldn't put anything past Nayeon."

Chaeyoung balks and shakes her head to clear the mental image away.

Mina stumbles into the room, and releases a breath of relief when she sees Nayeon obediently in the chair.

"Does it hurt?" She is kneeling on the floor in front of the older girl, her eyes focusing on the reddish bump as she presses the ice pack to it.

Her concerned expression brings a smile to Nayeon's face. She reaches out a hand and pushes back a lock of blonde hair that's fallen over Mina's eyes. "Nope." She utters a single word as her eyes flicker to Mina's plump lips.

Even though she knows what's coming next, Mina can't help the gasp of breath she lets out when Nayeon's incredibly soft lips land upon her own, gently kissing her.

The rational part of her mind is begging her to stop, and take care of the bump first. But what she does instead is snake her hands behind Nayeon's neck, deepening the kiss. Nayeon is leaning down, a hand threading through the blonde curls, another pressingly deeply into her waist, holding Mina tightly in place.

Mina feels Nayeon's tongue against her lips, tracing their outline and her breath catches in her throat. She willingly opens her mouth to allow Nayeon's tongue inside, dropping the ice pack to the floor.