Chapter 6

Nayeon washes the blood off her hands in the sink. She slips off her leather jacket that's coated in slimy liquid and sighs when she sees the bruises that's formed on her shoulder and arms.

She needs a warm bath and a fresh set of clothes. She's not really tired even though they've been running around the whole day, the Adrenalin still coursing through her blood, pumping her heart steadily.

"We need to secure the perimeter." Jihyo announces, "Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung, cover the first floor."

She turns to Sana. "You and Dahyun check the windows and other openings." And then locks eyes with Momo. "We're going to check the ground floor."

Nayeon looks Mina up and down, eyes twinkling, lips curved up in a roguish smile, voice hoarse and thick with desire. "Do you want to see if the bedroom downstairs is secured?"

Mina colors brightly.

Jihyo stares at her with disbelief.

"Why do I have to have to be the one to check this out?" Nayeon whines like a child as she walks down the flight of stairs leading to the dark basement.

Tzuyu chuckles. "Because you couldn't keep it in your pants."

When the girls finish their assigned duty they gather in the living room, discussing about everything they've found.

"The water level in the tank is full, but we might run out of it soon because there are nine of us." Jeongyeon states.

Momo gasps. "We don't drink that much water."

Tzuyu gives Jeongyeon a sympathetic glance.

"We need to recycle the water we use, but we don't have the components for that process." Dahyun paces back and worth and then stops, her eyes lighting up when she hears the sound of thunder. "Or we can filter rain water."

"How do we go about that?" Mina queries.

Dahyun lifts her chin up proudly. "Leave that to me."

Sana lays a peck on her cheek.

"She called your family stupid." Chaeyoung reminds her.

Dahyun holds her left foot in hand and groans in pain two seconds later because Sana has stomped on it.

"Everything is sorted." Nayeon sighs when she hears a window being rattled in the distance. The zombies apparently didn't have any resting hours. "Except one little problem."

Eight pair of eyes look at her waiting for her continue.

"There's no food anywhere in the house. The freezer in the basement is empty." She shares a gloomy look with her band mates, "And there are just peanuts, a bowl of M&Ms, crisps and lots of alcohol stacked up in the bar." She finishes.

Dahyun snorts. "Not just stupid, but also alcoholic."

Anther thud echoes through the living room.

"Again?" Dahyun's eyes water from the pain as she clutches her right foot.

The clock strikes nine.

"I'm really hungry." Momo pouts.

So is everyone. But they don't say that aloud because it's bad enough Momo is hungry, they don't want to make her sad as well.

"I found two cans of grounded meat in one of the kitchen shelves. And a packet of pasta." Jeongyeon offers, trying to cheer up the mood a little.

Nayeon knows it's not enough for nine girls. "I'll take the M&Ms, I'm not hungry." She lies avoiding Mina's eyes on her.

"I'm not hungry either." Jihyo declares and shares a look of understanding with Nayeon.

"You're welcome to share the M&M's with me." Nayeon gives her a warm smile.

They make dinner, everyone lost in their own thoughts.

"I think two of us should be on the look out all the time." Jeongyeon talks between bites of food.

"Why don't Chaeyoung and I keep watch tonight?" Dahyun inquires, her eyes glancing around the table, "Nayeon and Tzuyu must be tired."

"Plus they're the ones going to head out in search of food tomorrow." Momo sighs, worry niggling at the back of her mind.

Mina tries to give Nayeon a bite of her food who refuses it with a smile. Their portions are too small for one person already.

Jihyo nods her head in agreement with Momo as she pops another M&M into her mouth. "You guys need to sleep properly." She points a finger at Nayeon and Tzuyu.

Nayeon grins at Mina and whistles lowly.

"Not that kind of sleeping Nayeon." Jihyo smacks the back of her head.

Mina bites her lip as another blush soars through her cheeks.