Chapter 24

Mina ignores the incessant banging on the door, huddling closer to Chaeyoung on the bed.

Chaeyoung holds the girl comfortingly, letting her tears stain the front of her shirt.

"Minayah!! Aera said her dead grandmother's ring fell down the sink," Nayeon's voice sounds weakly from the other side of the door, "I was trying to get it for her."

"Nayeon's an idiot!" Chaeyoung lays a tender kiss on top of Mina's head, "But I really think she's telling the truth!"

Mina believes Nayeon, she really does because her mind flashes back to seeing a pair of cleaning gloves on the older girl's hands when she stepped out of the bathroom.

But that doesn't mean what she saw doesn't hurt.

It hurt especially when she said she wasn't her girlfriend and Nayeon had said nothing in response, awfully quiet in front of Aera.

If she had feelings for her she would have staked her claim, wouldn't she? She had given her an opening and Nayeon had refused to take it.

It only cements her belief that she is just a fuck buddy to the older girl.

"Minayah!" Nayeon sags against the door when she hears only silence for a while, "Don't do it! Please?"

It's the broken please that's added in the end that makes Mina cave.

She throws the door open reluctantly.

Nayeon lets out a breath of relief when she sees Mina is fully dressed.

"Why not?" She crosses her arms, eyes searching into the older girl's to see if they reflect at least a little of what she's feeling.

"Because you can't." Nayeon whispers.

Mina sighs when she sees the kicked puppy look on the face she adores so much. "Then you can't either!"

"I won't." Nayeon flashes her a hesitant smile. "I only want to fuck you!"

Mina hates herself for being so weak. She tries to hide the blush in her cheeks as dark eyes roam her face, "Good! Because I only want to be fucked by you."

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, she's never seen two people asking each other to be exclusive in such a roundabout and X-rated way.

"Oh yeah!" Nayeon's voice drops an octave as she takes a confident step closer to the blonde.

Mina's eyes flicker to the heart shaped mouth that's so close to her, "Yeah!" She husks licking her suddenly dry lips.

"All this is very romantic and stuff but break it up lovebirds." Chaeyoung steps between them and drags a whining Nayeon by her collar along with her, shutting her up with, "Your five minutes are over and I don't have earphones yet!"

When the sun sets behind the villa, bringing with it a disturbing darkness and angrier growls outside, Dahyun shivers as the feeling of impending sense of danger takes over her.

"Something is not right!" She tells Sana.

Sana gives her a warning glance, "If you're going to insult my aunt's clothing choice again-"

"No," Dahyun draws her feet back under the chair, the danger seemingly tangible now. "I meant outside!"

"I have a feeling too." Jihyo agrees with Dahyun.

"I have feelings too." Nayeon's elbow is on the wall as she rests her face in her hand, looking at Mina who's leaning against the surface.

Mina smiles up at her shyly.

"Not horndog feelings Nayeon." Jeongyeon smacks the back of her head making Nayeon stumble into Mina who steadies her with a hand to the older girl's chest.

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes when they stare at each other softly, standing impossibly closer. "Thanks for making it worse Jeongyeon."

"What's up with them?" Dahyun inquires giving the pair a quick glance.

"They're being extra lovey dovey after their lover's quarrel." Momo explains.

Dahyun's eyes brighten, if it only takes a fight to be lovey dovey then she is going for the kill.

She turns to Sana, "Your aunt was so fat it took her-"

Sana's leg is swift under the table.

"For fuck's sake." Dahyun's eyes water and she wonders how it works for Nayeon but not for her.

Tzuyu drags Nayeon away from Mina before she could close the gap between their lips.

"We should head out as one team tomorrow to the same place." She explains to everyone who's gathered in the living room. "The more-"

Momo finishes for her eagerly, "The merrier."

"Yep! That's exactly what I was gonna say!" Tzuyu pretends she wasn't going to say the more the stronger they are.

"It's like I'm a television now!" Momo squeals, clapping her hands excitedly.

"She means telepathic." Chaeyoung explains to a confused Sang-Hoon.

"Are you all afraid of those silly zombies?" Nayeon scoffs taking a seat across Mina, "They have one brain cell. They think about just one thing."

She extends her arms in front of her, tilting her head slightly mimicking the undead and groans in a deep throaty voice, "Blooood!! Blood!! Bloood!!!"

Jihyo wants to shove her dirty socks down Nayeon's throat when she continues the chant.

Tzuyu drops a fork before Mina and waits for it.

"Boobs!" Nayeon sputters when Mina bends down to pick up the fork.

"Turns out the lurkers aren't the only ones with one brain cell." Jeongyeon guffaws loudly.